Bali Day II

by - Monday, June 30, 2014

April 30, 2014


Day two in a nutshell: room upgrade, searching for a restaurant that turned out to be defunct but finding a new one that's good, beach time, starfish (!!!), and ending the day by watching tv on a projector screen.

 What I forgot to mention on the Day I post was how weak the AC was in our room. It was already on full blast but it felt like it was just on fan. So after numerous calls and complaints from us, Grand Aston gave us a room upgrade! They gave us the farthest one on the second floor, the one that's facing the beach and has a pretty good view of the pool area.
Um, hello, we have our own living room, complete with tv! This was where we ate our takeaway dinner or lunch.

Little Hugo raiding the bed!! Ahh!

Bathroom view.


The room was great. The AC's quite powerful, the staff provided us with bottles of water each day, the wifi signal is strong (YES!), the bathroom was always clean...everything was perfect.

So that happened in the morning. For lunch, we decided to go to a restaurant that was apparently near the hotel but we ended up having lunch in another restaurant because the resto we were looking for was apparently out of business already. I'll be posting details in the next Bali Bites post. Soon. <3

Anyway, on the afternoon, we decided to hit the beach. Well not really but we did walk in the beach because the tide was low. It was pretty cool because there was an island of some sort, like a second shore or something, that emerges when the tide's low. So cool. Wasn't able to take my camera with me so no pics, sarreh.

Heeeey, I found a starfish! I got so excited I plucked it out of the water without hesitation. Don't worry, I put it back in the water after this photo was taken (although I may or may have not plucked it out of the water several times to play with it...)

Playing with my nephew here. Also, legit beach waves, anyone? :P

The little one was so tired after swimming in the beach and pool, no wonder he fell asleep after taking a bath. We had no choice but to just eat in so my bro-in-law and I went to a nearby restaurant called Laguna Garden where we ordered takeaway food. Can't remember what we ordered but everything was really good. ^.^

Oh, and here's the main tv of our room.

You May Also Like

0 comments