Mini essence Haul

by - Friday, December 05, 2014

I'm back from Singapore! Two months didn't feel like two months at all. Loved my trip in Singapore since I get to stay with my sister and her family and I get to bond with my nephew. Also, I get to shop for stuff! I've been to several warehouse sales and bazaars and I got a sh-tload of stuff which makes me wonder how my luggage wasn't over the weight limit. :)) Anyway, here's my first post for this month!

It's a mystery how I didn't go gaga over the essence counter this time. I guess my personal hype over the brand is subsiding? Even if that's the case, I still made sure to check out their stalls just in case something's interesting. Lo and behold, I found new and exciting stuff...for my nails!

Let's talk about nail polishes first, shall we? I got two new ones: 185 Candy Crush & 196 I ♥ My Blue Jeans. If you haven't noticed, both polishes are quite different than the norm; both are textured. I got Candy Crush because I want to see essence's take on a matte polish. I'm not a big fan of the color since I know it'll make my complexion darker but I'm willing to wear this to see how matte this is. (Cause we all love anything matte, amirite?) I ♥ My Blue Jeans claims to have a suede texture. Suede as in furry-ish/ leather-ish type? We'll see. That's why I can't wait to try these. I don't have any of the textures in my polish collection and I think it'll be fun to mix both textures with polishes I currently have.

The other polish I got is a Gel-look Plumping Top Coat. You know how expensive gel manis & pedis are, right? Yeah, even I'm not sure in shelling out money for that. And the removal, dear me! Hopefully this top coat makes my mani and pedi look gel-ish so I can fool people that I paid a lot for it. I know it won't be as long lasting as the real thing but since I change my polish quite often anyway, I'm good with this for now.

The last thing in my haul is probably the most intriguing of the bunch. I got the French Manicure Creative Tip Guides which I swear are the cutest things ever. Basically these are guides for French tips but in different shapes: moon, heart, and angel wing. I thought these were so cute that I bought two just in case these were limited edition! I've never seen anything like it so of course I had to buy it. What I like about essence is they include ideas on how to use these guides in different ways and not just for French tips. 

Now that I see it, I think this bunch would make a good gift for someone who's into polishes and nail art. Everything's affordable, intriguing, and cute! I'd be one happy gal if I received anything like this for sure. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments