A Fresh One: Innsifree Sea Salt Perfect Cleanser

by - Wednesday, December 05, 2018


Scrub and clean.

 You guys already know how much I love my facial washes and scrubs, as already I've featured a few here in my blog. In terms of facial scrubs, my favorite is still the Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream and as for facial wash, I still always go back to Pond's Clear Solutions Anti-Bacterial Scrub. What can I say, I take my facial scrubbing seriously, haha! As always, I'm still all about discovering new facial scrubs so here I am with a new one that's both a scrub and a wash.



This is Innisfree's Sea Salt Perfect Cleanser (this is a travel-sized bottle as it came in the My Travel Kit trio). According to the Innisfree website, this is "a cleansing foam made with enriched sea salt for removing dead skin cells and dirt from skin for smooth and moisturized skin". The main ingredient, or the "star" ingredient of this cleanser is Jeju mineral salt that was "naturally filtered by unique geologic layers of Jeju formed through volcanic activity, resulting in a high mineral content." This is what makes the skin smoother and softer after application.


The cleanser has this white, almost solid texture, one that definitely doesn't drip or spill. As you can see from the photo above, it doesn't have microbeads; instead it has rock-salt looking exfoliators that are scattered throughout. This cleanser also doesn't have a strong scent, well, any scent in particular, really. It doesn't smell like salt or saltwater or sea breeze. It smells neutral, at least for me, so I think this will be great for those who aren't keen on heavily scented facial washes.

The product easily spreads when it comes in contact with water and it becomes almost like a milky facial wash. I know it's marketed as a cleansing foam but I personally didn't experience a lot of foaming. It does great in cleansing, though. The beads added a lot of cleansing power though I have to admit, as much as I love beads, I found the rock salt granules a bit abrasive. I had to be gentle with massaging the cleanser all over my face because I felt that if I become too rough with it, it would just scratch my face off. Thankfully, the salts melt away after a few rubs.

I like this cleanser for two reasons: one, it does a great job in cleansing the face. I legit feel that my face is free from dirt and impurities; and two, it doesn't make my skin feel tight and dry. I've used cleansers that made my skin feel tight and feel dry so it's nice to use something that didn't give me both. It's not too moisturizing, I think, but it's a nice product to use sans a moisturizer afterwards (that's if you have a normal skin type and no dry patches). 

Overall, I think this is a good straightforward cleanser that doubles up as a scrub. I don't recommend using this everyday as I feel like the salts can be too abrasive for everyday use. For those with an oily skin type, I think you'll love this product. For those with a dry skin type, use with control. 

You May Also Like

0 comments