Active Recap: Quad XVII

by - Monday, December 09, 2019


17.

Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-2igJxuimk

Kicking this quad off with a weighted semi-low impact routine! I know I usually go for full on cardio routines for Day A but sometimes it's nice not jumping around for a change, you know? This routine is a blend of low impact and plyo so you still get that heart-pumping action but also take active rests in between. I really enjoyed this workout and the weights added more challenge to the whole routine. There are only 2 rounds in this workout routine so it doesn't feel repetitive. This can easily be done for 4 rounds for a 40 minute full body routine.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlG4CylO2A

Leg workout for day 1 of leg day! This is more of a toning routine and lemme tell you, this one buuuurrnnss!! The moves are quite isometric so all the leg muscles will really work and get burned. I felt it most on my thighs (inner especially) and glutes. Since this was a short routine, I did it twice through and man, my legs were shaking by the end of round 2! So freaking good.


Workout duration: around 52 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r3AAdEFVNM

Day B is more of a leg & ab toning day and this is part 1! This routine is a combo of abs and butt and both parts burned the heck outta may glutes and core. For the butt routine, I especially loved the rainbows and the Brittnes because these moves really targeted my glutes and burned my quads and hamstrings along the way. For the abs routine, I surprisingly enjoyed the scissor crunches and found the crunch leg lifts challenging. 

I like that throughout the routine, there were sneaky cardio moves like plank jacks, burpees, and mountain climbers. It was a nice way to keep the body warm and heart rate up throughout the routine. I think it was a nice addition to the toning moves.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vo7jNaN05I

I love Sarah's pilates workouts so I though I'd do this particular one for today! No plyos here, just toning pilates exercises to complete this day's leg workout. This 15-minute routine is a great routine for a final burnout because it will work your legs and core in no time. I felt like the core exercises were more brutal than the leg exercises so my core really got a good beating haha! I like that this routine is entirely low impact and can be easily done anywhere so you don't need any equipment to do this. Really great finisher for Day B!


Workout duration: around 45 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbv_bIWgT8k

Full body routine coming right up! This is yet another weighted workout that can also be done with with bodyweight alone. I like the use of bands and weights here because they really added intensity to this workout. I was pleasantly surprised with this routine because it turns out, it was challenging! It legit worked my whole body, legs, arms and all. I did this routine twice to get a good 20-minute full body workout and it's fire!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zJwhpU7sq0

This no jumping routine is mainly a core routine that gave quite a burn to my core! The core exercises in this one are back to back followed by a 60 second rest in between sets so you get a bit of breathing space/reset for the next set. I like that the moves are easy to do and follow along and they can be easily modified if things get a bit rough. I really felt my core burn and shake throughout and it gave me a good spike in heart rate too. What a nice 20 minute burner!


Workout duration: around 45 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1De6SmRHfgw

Arm daaaay! I couldn't let this quad pass without a good long-ass weighted arm routine because gainz is lyfe! This routine is a proper arm routine that will target the shoulders, biceps, triceps, chest, and back. I opted to do drop weights for each exercise for maximum burn while also maintaining good form. This routine made my arms sore for a few days and surprisingly on my shoulders as well. Really good routine for arm day!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuxuAQCvWxs

Finishing Day D with a relaxing upper body stretch, a great partner for the upper body routine. This routine isn't exactly a yoga flow; it really is more of a stretch. Each stretch is about a minute or more each. Not gonna lie, I wasn't entirely zen during this routine because I'm so used to flows that move from one position to another and this stretch felt so static to me that it got me antsy in no time. The stretches were great on my arms and torso but the routine itself was a bit of a miss for me. Guess I'm going back to yoga flows for now!


Workout duration: around 35 minutes; warm up and cool down included.




MY TOP WORKOUT IN THIS QUAD:
I definitely enjoyed SYDNEY CUMMINGS 30 Minute Upper Body Tone and Shred Workout because it was exactly what I was looking for in an upper body workout. I also really liked 1 WORKOUT A DAY 20 min HIIT Workout and POPSUGAR FITNESS 30-Minute No-Equipment Abs and Butt-Toning Workout.


You May Also Like

0 comments