Active Recap: Quad XVIII

by - Monday, December 16, 2019


18.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBWQGb4LyAM&t=1712s

Cardio time! This routine was such a great routine to do because it gets your heart pumping in no time. I like the combination of bursts of plyo and low impact moves that also act as active recovery exercises. This is technically a full body workout but I felt it in my core the most. I really liked the leg routine here but again, some exercises seem to target the core as well which is a good thing! I don't mind getting my core to work, you know? Really enjoyed this routine.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS7r_0RSFXY

I initially thought that this would be somewhat a challenging routine but turns out this is about 20% workout and 80% stretch. Nothing bad about it, it's just not what I wanted as a burnout workout routine. Like the first circuit, this gets the core as well. I really liked the stretch aspect of it and doing this after the first circuit was really good. I feel like this kind of routine is good to do if you're on the path of getting back to working out or if you like a good stretch to begin your day.


Workout duration: around 47 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL3YNGq033E&t=167s

I've been loving low impact cardios here in Day B so here's another one! I liked the pace on this routine and the exercises started slow then gradually increased intensity. I felt like 15 minutes passed so quickly that I was surprised when the instructor started to cool down! This routine really worked my legs, arms, and core without getting me too exhausted or breathless. I honestly think this routine can be done twice through for a good and solid 30-minute full body workout. It was fun, challenging, and got my body really warmed up and ready for the next circuit. Not bad at all!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ag1j1sqLM

I personally love doing leg days with resistance bands because they give the best burn ever! Honestly, banded leg and glute routines really helped a lot with my lower body toning so I try to do them as much as I could. This routine was such a good way to fully utilize the bands because man, my glutes and legs were on fire! The moves were so simple yet they burn all the right places. My favorite exercises were the single leg hinge, clamshell lift, and the bridge pulse because they worked my glutes and hamstrings like no other! I found the lunge steps and straight lifts quite challenging on the legs but they gave quite the burn too. Freaking loved this circuit!


Workout duration: around 44 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgwtp9mF8tI

I sometimes avoid kickboxing exercises videos because of their complicated routines and stuff but I thought I'd give this quick boxing workout a try because I like me some air punching! I like that this routine got me all sweaty and puffy in short amount of time, plus it also worked my arms, legs, and core without me tripping all over haha! This just proved that boxing is also a great workout for upper body days. I should do this more often!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsn6L1A6tIk

More arm exercises coming right up! Not gonna lie, this routine surprised me. I absolutely loved the blend of bodyweight and equipment exercises! I had no idea that bodyweight + bands + weights would be such a killer combo. My arms and shoulders were burning at the end of this quick routine! Personally, I found the lateral raise hold and all the arm rotations to be the most painful- I had to take a few quick breaks in between because it felt like fire! Overall a good routine, one that can be done anywhere and can be modified if needed.


Workout duration: around 43 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jiIiBiunhE

Just like the pilates circuit in Day A, this was more of a stretch but this more core work than core stretch. I absolutely loved-hated the plank series in particular because it burned both my core and shoulders! I liked that there was a sense of zen all throughout the routine, even at the hardest parts! Overall a good routine to do if you're on a lookout for a flow with a little bit of a challenge.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nMnJiYOTls

If you're all about that stretch life, this flow is great. All throughout the flow, all I felt was openness. No hunching, not too much forward folding- it's all about the front body stretch! I enjoyed the stretch I got from this flow and it legit got my shoulders and biceps sore for some reason haha! This was such a different flow from the ones I normally practice and I absolutely loved it. I'm not the most flexible but I still managed. Whew!


Workout duration: around 40 minutes




MY TOP WORKOUT IN THIS QUAD:



You May Also Like

0 comments