Active Recap: Quad XXIX

by - Monday, March 09, 2020


29.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S







DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb7dWAOy7zo

If you're in the mood for a killer lower body workout without too much plyos, this one's the workout to do. Man, even though this was a low impact workout, this killed my legs! This workout has 3 circuits done twice through and the exercises really target the legs as well as the core and glutes. The exercises here are quite the variety, from squat variations to plank variations to low impact jack variations. Because there were no jumping, I was able to really focus on the muscles I was working on and not gonna lie, my legs were on fire! I absolutely loved doing this routine!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx1e3zFDxd8

Burnout round! As if the first circuit wasn't enough, here's a 15 minute burnout for the inner thighs. Don't worry, most of the exercises here are on the mat so in a way it's more relaxed. This definitely did a good job targeting the inner thighs because there were exercises that made my inner thighs shake! And the final move of a V-sit + pulse made my core AND inner thighs quiver. Great burnout! 


Workout duration: around 56 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down stretch included. 




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F36JpkA5g4Q&t=3s

This is a quick banded routine that doubles as an extended warm up as well. I love doing banded routines before a longer workout because they do a great job in activating the glutes, core, and leg muscles. This workout is a pyramid-type and the addition of new moves were pretty exciting. This is more of a total body routine but still has more leg exercises, perfect for starting leg day 2.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzBwO7kCvP8&t=159s

Barre is a love/hate thing for me because barre requires flexibility and grace, two things I lack haha! I'll say this though- barre is amazing for toning and lengthening. This routine has a lot of compound movements that both work either the legs + core, legs + core + arms, etc. I also liked that there are back exercises thrown in too! Overall, a good barre routine that doesn't need any equipment at all.


Workout duration: around 45 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up not included, cool down stretch included.




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iSm6rLBt20

If you think there's no plyo cardio in this quad, well, surprise! Though I love me a good low impact routine, sometimes it's nice to just go full ham on the jumping and all that. This total body routine was hard but it was a blast! It was challenging but I dunno, it just pushed me to just go for it and not modify, you know? Although there are moves where I modified (like push up on knees), I made sure I went for the advanced versions because why not? It just felt so good to sweat and feel my muscles burn while my heart rate was skyrocketing. Such a great routine! Also, not gonna lie, the ab exercises here? I felt them.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUaaBs7SKA8

Okay, let's slow down, shall we? I feel like I totally deserved this routine after all the jumping haha! Although this is a toning routine focused on the core, to me it felt like a relaxing flow. This was definitely more relaxed and more easy than the other core flows I've done in the past. Still, it was a great flow that helped stretch out and relax my sore core muscles. 


Workout duration: around 50 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down stretch included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL4rBcQgEH0

For the final circuit for this quad, I opted for a weighted one! This routine targets mainly the core but also has some toning and lengthening aspects in it, plus it also tackles posture! The exercises here are compound movements as well, and honestly, this circuit really worked my core and arms. Like, damn, they were burning! I like that this routine didn't have any repeats so I was able to do it twice through. I used a pair of light weights here but you can totally play around with different weights and see what you can maintain and find challenging. This also doubles as a low impact cardio, something I didn't expect! Really enjoyed this one! 


Workout duration: around 49 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up not included, short cool down stretch included. 




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:
There are a lot of workouts I enjoyed in this quad! But if I had to choose my top three are: HEATHER ROBERTSON Low Impact HIIT Cardio + Legs WorkoutPOPSUGAR FITNESS 30-Minute No-Equipment Cardio Workout, and BAILEY BROWN Full Body Sculpt For Abs And Posture.




You May Also Like

0 comments