No Bake & Munch: Mango Float

by - Sunday, July 11, 2021

 


Mango szn.

What do you do when mangoes are in season? You make a banging dessert with them! Today's recipe is one that I'm very fond of, mainly because it brings back a lot of happy memories from my teenage years. There's a certain warmness and delight every time I come across this easy but delicious dessert and I'm so glad I was able to make this again now that I'm in my late twenties. 

Say hello to Mango Float, a classic Pinoy no-bake ref cake. All you need are 4 easy to find ingredients: all purpose cream, condensed milk, Graham crackers, and ripe Philippine mangoes (the best kind in the world, imo!). For me, the best parts of a Mango Float are: 1). the mangoes itself. They should be ripe and sweet but with a little tang to them; and 2). when it's chilled and set to perfection. Trust me, room temp Mango Float is not the way to go. Mango Float is just so easy to make, no wonder people can easily make a business out of it! 

Now, I know mine looks a little rustic and well, yep, it is. My cream in between layers can be a little more thick and this batch should be 3 layers. However, I only made it two layers in my 8" pan because I took the third layer into a separate container which I then gave to my uncle as a treat. But yes, this recipe can make 3 layers of yumminess in one pan. 

I know mine can look a little better but trust me, it tastes amazing! The taste part I got super right so I deserve a pat on the bag haha! I just love how the sweetened cream and mangoes complement each other and the softened Graham crackers adds additional texture and gives body to the dish. Chilled dessert perfection! And I didn't even turn on the oven! Yay!

Enjoy!


MANGO FLOAT


1 250ml pack of all purpose cream, chilled overnight

1/3 cup to 1/2 cup condensed milk

1 pack of 200g Graham crackers

diced mangoes (about 5-6 mango cheeks)


1.  In a bowl, whip the chilled all purpose cream until fluffy and doubled in volume.

2. Add in condensed milk and whip again until just combined. I used 1/3 cup in mine but feel free to adjust according to your taste preference.

3. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of whipped cream into the bottom of an 8" pan/container and spread.

4. Add in a layer of Graham crackers, followed by 1/3 of your whipped cream, then a generous layer of mangoes. Repeat steps, ending with a layer of mangoes on top.

5. Cover and chill for at least 12 hours to overnight before cutting and serving. Enjoy!  


You May Also Like

0 comments