Nail of the Week: NARS Nail Polish in Obscura

by - Wednesday, July 07, 2021

under direct sunlight

Today's NOTW is a shade that's quite complex and something that I haven't had yet in my collection. When I was younger (teenage years to my early 20s), my go-to polish shades are straight-up deep dark shades. Case in point: my past favorites are NARS Sharplines Right, The Face Shop PP402, Sally Hansen #210: Flirt, and NYX Girls Sexy Plum. What can I say, I was a pop punk bordering on emo kid! I was all about that punk grungy look back in the day. I'm nearing 28 and I gotta admit, I'm still into it, just not as full-on as before. (I always say yes to anything with studs and spikes though!)

When I hit 25 or 26, I became more open to more color. I welcomed pastels and bright cremes in my collection- I even started getting nude shades! A total 180 from my younger days. Nowadays, I like polishes that walk in between dark and bright that still complement my skintone, just like this polish!

I say that Obscura is a complex shade because I see three colors at once. NARS describes it as a "lavender charcoal" and that's quite apt, but I also think it's more of a lavender charcoal taupe. There's no denying that cool toned brown hue in the polish! I absolutely love the complexity of the color of Obscura. Such a unique one!

The polish has a creme finish and it applied smoothly and opaquely in 2 coats. It absolutely looks amazing with a shiny top coat on. I wore this on fake nails and I gotta admit, the overall look made me feel like a villain haha! I think these'll look banging with some bling on, like studs or little chains, or even a glittery polish on top. Sick!

Obscura's a shade that surprised me and I can't wait to wear the hell out of it because I'm just obsessed. 10/10 would recommend!  



You May Also Like

0 comments