My Top Twelve Beauty + Skincare Products of 2021!

by - Friday, December 31, 2021


 My 2021 picks!

This year, though it wasn't a walk in the park, I was able to keep my promise and be more consistent in posting, especially with beauty and food posts. I was able to put out weekly posts on both categories and while that's not groundbreaking (and I know other bloggers post every single day), it's something I'm still proud of. I admit I wasn't the most consistent blogger the last few years so me being able to post weekly this year is an improvement on my part. Because of that, I was able to try and discover new products and pretty much ignite my love for makeup and beauty again.

So, here are my top twelve beauty and skincare MVPs for this year. The items that made me excited again, the ones that got me painting my face again, the ones that helped me bring out my kikay side again. It was hard to pick out just 12 items but ultimately, these are the items that pretty much made this year a bit more bearable for me. 

Enjoy!

    

1. Colourette Colourtints

(Click here to check out my posts on Tati, Ocean, Ellie, Coco, and Zola!)

- The Colourtints are pretty much my greatest discoveries this year. I know these products have been around for a few years now but hey, I'm a newbie to them so lemme gush about them. I really had doubts in trying them because I was scared they'd just be like those lip & cheek tints in rollerball bottles but turns out, the Colourtints are waaaaaaay better than those. These have such a nice formula that's so easy to work with, they're legit newbie-proof and -friendly. I do like that they are multi-use products, have such an extensive shade range, and that they have minis so newbies like me can try them out first before fully committing to the full-sized tubes. Probs my best buys of the year!


2. Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover

-After using this product, I'm pretty positive that I'll be purchasing the full-size of this soon. It's just sooooo good! I've been pretty lazy when it comes to removing my makeup and this just made everything better. First of all, no more cotton pads!! I swear, traditional makeup removers cost a lot of cotton pads and Aqua Jelly makes sure the only things I need are my hands and water. It's just so good at melting away whatever makeup I have on my face and it leaves my skin soft and moisturized, not stiff and dry. 10/10 recommend this!


3. Fresh Formula Sgt. At Arms Lightening Deodorant Spray Plus

-It's a bummer that Fresh Formula's shutting down but I'm so glad I was able to try one of their best-selling product: the Sgt. At Arms deo! I like that this deo actually prevents me from having wet, sweaty pits which then prevents me from having pit stains on my clothes. Like, the sweat control is legit, you guys. I also read that this can also be used for preventing underboob sweat and you know what? I might just try that.


4. Colourpop Precision Brow Colour in Cool Cocoa

-I really love this brow product, not only because the color and formula are on point, but also because it made me excited to do and groom my brows again. I just love how easy this was to use and I always get on fleek brows every time. (PS. Do people still say "on fleek"??)


5. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation

(Click here to check out my posts on 228 Soft Tan and 220 Natural Beige)

-I don't usually wear bases but when I do, I like 'em lightweight, with light-medium coverage, and with a semi-matte finish. Fit Me checks all the boxes and that's why I like it! I know I've only been featuring the sachet form of this product but that's what works for me! Again, I don't wear bases on a daily basis so right now, buying it full-size doesn't make sense to me. Sachets are great because I get to actually finish the product- something I rarely do with the full-size.


6. Nichido Final Powder in Creamy Glow

- I wore makeup quite often during the Ber months and every time, I used this powder to set my base. I discovered that the more I use this powder, the more I was able to fully appreciate its beauty and function. This powder is just so soft and light on the skin and it never gives that cakey look and feel. I just love how it softly mattifies my skin, like there's a soft blur filter over it. So good! I guess the only downside is that this powder has a limited shade range because I find the shade I'm currently using, Creamy Glow, still a bit light on my skin.  


7. Skin Aqua Tone Up UV Spray

- I'm not a big fan of sunblocks but I'll make an exception for this one. The Skin Aqua Spray gets a 10/10 on my books because it's all I want from a sunblock: light and not at all sticky. It's just so comfortable to wear that sometimes I even forget I have it on! Gotta get me another bottle because mine's all used up! 


8. NARS Nail Lacquers

(Click here to check out my posts on Vertebra Right and Obscura

-One thing I like about NARS nail polishes is their beautiful formula that makes me use them again and again and again. Another thing I like? Their shade range. NARS polishes have such lovely shades that you can use all year round. NARS just hit the jackpot with these because I love all the ones I have. The polishes are just so easy and breezy to use and I always end up with beautiful nails with minimal mess. If you're gonna splurge on nail polishes, NARS is the way to go (well, at least for me anyway).


9. Ellana Cosmetics Galatea 114

-I finally have a brow brush that isn't angled haha! I love how this brow brush fills in my brows quickly but not too harshly and block-y. Also, because this brush is short, I can easily put it in my makeup pouch and be able to do my brows anywhere. Yay!  


10. Focallure Stay Max Smooth Eyeliner Gel in 04 Dark Byzantium

- Again, I just wanna say thank you to Focallure for continuing to have potted gel liners in their product catalogue. Also, thank you for having 5 shades of gel liners! Dark Byzantium is so up my alley because it's an unusual color: a dark red purple. It's already a statement on its own and I love it! I can't wait to rock this more next year. 


11-12: AOA Wonder Blender & Focallure Match Max Sponge

-Since I can't choose between them, I might as well just put them both. Both sponges made applying bases and other face products easy as hell. The sponges give me a nice even layer of foundation that looks like skin and leaves no marks whatsoever. Both blend beautifully and quickly and 100% recommend both sponges to everybody.


And that's everything that made it to my list! This year was the year when I got back my interest and love for beauty and skincare and I'm so happy I was able to try amazing (and let's be honest, not so amazing) products and I can't wait to share more in 2022. Hopefully I'll be able to make this kind of post again next year because lemme tell you: I've got tons of products to review. Get excited and stay tuned!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Skims free shipping

    ReplyDelete