#TakeTheTint With Colourette Colourtint in Mara

by - Saturday, January 28, 2023

 


M for Mara

Back in December, I heard that Colourette would be discontinuing some shades in their Colourtint line to give way to new shades this year. The shades are: Lily, Tati, Mara, Maya, Summer, and Robin. I don't have any of these shades in my collection (with the exception of Tati) so I had to check them out. After perusing the shades, I decided on two shades: Lily and Mara. I was also supposed to get Robin and Maya but I think I have enough browns in my collection so I had to leave them in my cart.


This is Mara, a rosy taupe. You'd think that I already have a shade similar to this in my stash but I surprisingly don't! That's why I went for this shade, it's something different but still wearable. Mara is a nice slightly cool toned pink taupe that's definitely my cup of tea.

Mara is a matte variant which means it's pigmented and opaque in coverage.


Mara is a shade my younger self would definitely go for, although I think she'd prefer it to be darker and cooler toned haha! Current me is loving Mara though since it's a wearable medium shade for everyday. I like that it still has a brown tone to it that makes it go well on my skintone and its rosy shade gives color to my lips.

Mara reminds me of Ellana's Luxe Liquid Lipstick in Love is the Answer, except Mara's lighter in shade and her texture's more forgiving on the lips.


On the eyes, Mara makes a really nice base. It's kind of pink but also a bit warm brown, if that makes sense? Here I just paired it with a shimmery shadow on the inner corners but you can take Mara on a variety of directions on the lids- you can make it more of a neutral eye or go for a grungier look, or just add in a cat eye! Definitely loving it on the lids, plus it's so easy to blend and layer, and since it dries down to a matte, you won't have to worry about it creasing too much!


I'm saving this one for last: Mara on the cheeks? PERFECTION. I honestly didn't expect it to look great on my cheeks because, hello, it's a cool-toned color but I absolutely love it! I think the reason why I love it so much is because it gives me just the right amount of pink on my cheeks. It's subtle but you see it! This is exactly what I'm looking for in a blush and I am 100% sold. I think I just found my new go-to blush!


And here's a full face of Mara! Mara just fits into my "clean girl" look because it's subtle but still has a bit of an edge to it. I like that it's not too girly girl pink but also not a grandma pink, you know? It's a grown up pink, an almost-thirty kind of pink if I'm being honest haha!


I don't know why Mara's being discontinued but I also kind of understand. It's a shade that not everyone would go for, especially when the current "in" color is a bright pink like Kaiya. However, for people like me who's into cooler tones and subtle shades (and, let's face it, millennials), Mara is perfect. Also, I don't know why but for some reason, Mara is easier to work with than my other matte Colourtints. It's easy to spread and blend out, I thought it was a fresh variant!

Really hoping they'd bring Mara back in the future but for now, please please please do yourself a favor and get Mara before she's gone! Totally worth it, promise! 


You May Also Like

0 comments