LOTD: Plum and Chocolate

by - Monday, February 06, 2012

  First LOTD tutorial for this month. Since Valentine's Day's just around the corner, I decided to do this look using my The Body Shop's Eye & Cheek Palette 02. So if you love your browns (like I do!) and need a Valentine's Day look idea, read on. :)


 I actually did a review on this palette last year and I've always wanted to do a look with it but it just didn't happen since I always used my other palettes with most of my LOTDs/tutorials. I'm so glad I used it now because I am loving this look I created with it.

1. Before anything else, apply your eye primer. Never skip this step. Instead of the Primer Potion or Shadow Insurance, I used my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly.

2. The first eyeshadow I used was my most favorite shadow in this palette: Plum Shimmer. It's such a gorgeous shadow. Apply it all over your lids and blend the edges.

3.  Next eyeshadow is Chocolate Shimmer. I never though I'd use it because it was originally my least favorite because of the chunky glitters in it. Surprisingly, the glitters disappeared when I used it on my outer v, blending it in so that it's my crease color as well.

4. The last shadow I used is Caramel Shimmer. I applied it as my brow highlight and on my inner corners as well.

5. Using Plum Shimmer, line your lower lashline. Using Chocolate Shimmer, line on top and as close to the base of your lower lashes. Remember that the Plum Shimmer should be seen, not blended entirely with the brown shadow on top.

6. Line your eyes. I used my Maybelline gel liner in Black. Do not line your lower lashline and waterline.

7. Curl your lashes and apply mascara. I used Kat Von D's Sin-Full Lash Mascara in Puro Amor that came with the Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition palette.

8. I used the blush that came with this palette. I thought the blush would be too pink for me but I discovered that the blush is kind of sheer so you have to build it to intensify the color on your cheeks. But I quite like sheer blushes on my cheeks so I'm okay with this blush.

9. For my lips, I used this lipstick I've never used before: The Body Shop's #48 lipstick. I used a brush to apply it so that it won't be as pink as the bullet.

  And here are more photos of me with this look:


You May Also Like

0 comments