Bali Bites: Lunch @ Warung Nyoman

by - Tuesday, July 01, 2014

April 30, 2014


Happy first of July! Here's another Bali Bites post, lunch edition!


 Anyway, if you saw my Day 2 post, I talked about how we ended up in this restaurant. Here's the complete story:


Lunch. We decided to go to Green Leaf Restaurant which was located near our hotel according to online sources. So off we went and we walked and walked and walked under the scorching noon sun. No sign of the resto. We even asked locals if they knew where it was but none of them knew where it was. So we decided to go the other way although at this point we just grabbed a cab instead because the sun was a bitch. :)) Anyway, we reached the supposed location of the resto only to find out that it was a construction site! So there goes our lunch...until our heaven-sent cab driver recommended a nearby resto: Warung Nyoman!

I saw Warung Nyoman as a low-key Balinese resto which I really love. It gives off a casual and local vibe, a nice change from typical AC'd restaurants. Anyway, on to our food!

Satays!! We got the assorted one, so two grills (?) arrived. The ones in my first photo were pork and chicken, I think, and on the photo above were duck and beef. As usual, I ate most of the duck satays because duck dishes in Bali are just plain awesome. Loved the beef too. Ahh, is it crazy that I want to go back to Bali just to stuff myself with satays?? *8*

This is cheesy shrimp. Really liked the sauce and the shrimps were amaaaze. So good.

Carbs source was this noodle dish! Totally forgot the name but I think it's most likely some form of mie goreng. It had veggies, some meat (or was it chicken?), and yummy sauce. This really went well with the satays.

For our drink, my sister, bro-in-law, and I shared a pitcher of yummy sangria. The glasses they gave us were so cute! (pictured above)

Overall, I like Warung Nyoman. The food was really good and the place was quite chill. I guess if you want to eat yummy but more affordable Balinese cuisine, Warung Nyoman's the place. This was definitely cheaper and nearer than Bumbu Bali but both places win at Balinese cuisine.

Not sure if there are other branches of Warung Nyoman in Bali but the one we went to was in the Nusa Dua area. Address is Jl. Pratama No. 66 X, Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 80363. I think. :P

You May Also Like

0 comments