Sunday Lunch @ Watami

by - Sunday, August 24, 2014

May 18, 2014
Another late food post from my Singapore trip last month.

I was with my sister and her family when I dined in Watami. Hugo, my nephew, was due for a haircut so we went to the kids' salon/barber shop in City Square Mall. It was almost lunchtime so we decided to wait for Hugo's turn by having lunch first. 

Watami was cozy. I liked the booths, the decors, and the kind waiters and waitresses. We were seated near the windows too so we had some view. Anyway, on to the food.

Pictured above was Dekaneta Maguro Sashimi (Jumbo Tuna Sashimi). I'm obsessed sashimi so I really enjoyed this. Thank goodness for having a sister and bro in law who love sashimi as much as I do!

Our second starter was Eringi Gyuniku Maki Kushi (Beef & Eringi Mushroom Roll Skewer). This was yummy too, the balance of sweet and salty was just right and the mushroom was juicy. But between this and the sashimi, I'd go for the sashimi.

My lunch was this cheesy curry dish which proper name I can't remember or find in Watami's online menu. Anyway, I went with this because I love love love Japanese curry. But then they topped it with cheese so that made me love it even more. The portion is quite big although I wish there was less rice and more sauce. The curry was really nice and had the right amount of heat and the beef wasn't dry or chewy. Big thumbs up for this.

 My sister was suffering from sore throat and colds that time so she opted for Tempura Udon. The serving was quite big too although I think the tempura can be better than that. The udon was really nice though.

My bro in law ordered something fancyyy. He had Hire Katsu Tamago Toji (Pork Fillet with Scrambled Egg Sauce). This was served not just on a hot plate but on top of a mini burner, where the scrambled egg is cooked on the spot. For you katsu lovers out there, you might want to try this. :)

Drinks: my bro in law's iced lemon tea and my Big Drink Lychee Tea. Huuu I live for this tea and the real lychees in it!

Hot Choco Brownie for dessert. Four blocks of brownies + hot chocolate sauce + vanilla ice cream. Now I have to be honest here: my sister and I were disappointed with the brownies. We found them dry and we both agreed that our respective brownies were better than these. The chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream helped the brownies to be less dry and thus the saving grace of this dessert. Next time I dine here, I think I'll just go with the parfaits or puddings.

All in all, I think Watami is a nice place to get your Japanese food fix. The restaurant in City Square Mall is quite big and spacey, and well-lighted too. For a Japanese restaurant that's near our place, Watami isn't bad at all.


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. aww its a shame about the brownies! they look amazing :( i'd love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/sweet-as-honey-with-burts-bees.html xx

    ReplyDelete