EOTD: E. Natchios

by - Monday, April 11, 2016

“You don’t get what you want by day. You take it by force at night.”

Heeeeyyyyy there! One highlight of March 2016 was the return of Netflix's hit show, Daredevil. The second season was really anticipated by millions of people (including me!), and one reason for that is the addition of two vital characters: The Punisher, played by Jon Bernthal (who was freaking amazing, btw), and Elektra Natchios, played by Elodie Yung (who was such a badass).

The female characters on the show weren't too made up; in fact, they all sported really natural, almost barefaced looks. So imagine my surprise when I saw Elektra wearing a simple yet badass eye look at the last episode! She was in her fighting gear and all and her eye makeup complemented her look. Props to the MUA who did this on her! I loved it!

This is the only screenshot I can make with her eyes closed lol. There are scenes where the camera's quite close to her face so I guess you can just re/watch episode 13 of Season 2 for a clearer visual.

Her eye makeup isn't really that complicated. It's basically a nude lid/crease (almost looks like it's bare) and the pop of red on her ever so slightly winged liner. That's it. It sort of looks like a past EOTD I did, only this one has a non-shimmery solid red liner. It's pretty doable and, if you're gutsy enough, pretty wearable. 


Before doing all the eye work, I first primed my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, then I applied Freestyle on the lid up to the brow bone. After that, I took a tiny bit of Kinky on my brush then applied it on the lid area just before the crease. I wanted the lid to have a little bit of light and Freestyle wasn't enough on its own. Next is the crease work: I first applied the brown shadow on my Cosmoprof palette and built it up until it was nice and showing. This brown has a gray-ish undertone and it definitely showed. To add warmth back to the crease, I applied Warm Copper Fire to the crease and slightly above it. (On hindsight you can do the crease work with just one shadow: either Urban Decay's Buck or Lorac's Lt. Brown; basically any warm brown shadow with a hint of orange will do.) At this point, you can pretty much adjust the shadows. Add some Freestyle or Kinky if the lid isn't as bright as before; add more brown if you want the crease more defined, etc. etc.

For the lower lashline, I just used Warm Copper Fire and a teeny bit of the Cosmoprof brown. I didn't want a super smokey/defined lower lashline but I figured a little warmth on the area was okay. I also dabbed a really small amount of Backdoor on the lash area. It's not really that noticeable but it framed the lower lashline nicely.

After all the shadow work, let's do the liner! Elektra's liner was really subtle but subtlety isn't my forte so the liner in this look is pretty out there. For the liner, I used a lip liner and the closest shade I have to her red liner is Iris Noir. Unlike normal eye pencils though, I didn't apply it directly to the lashline. I rubbed some product on the back of my hand then dipped an angled brush to line the eye. The brush gave me more control and precision, two things I need when doing a winged liner. On the lower waterline, I applied Milk. I didn't want it to be too doll-like so I applied the liner with a brush, thus thinning the opacity of the creamy pencil.

And that's pretty much it! Curl your lashes, apply mascara on top & bottom lashes, add falsies if you want; adding all the extra details is up to you. Oh, and if you want to wear this, set the liner with a matte red shadow, like Sugarpill's Love+. Lip liners don't really set so if you don't add shadow on top, your liner will just go everywhere. For lips, you can pretty much go nude or go bold. Hell, you can even rock dark purple lips with this look! :D


I'm so glad I got to do this look (24 days after Daredevil 2 premiered. No biggie.) because I really really loved it. I loved Season 2 as much as I loved Jessica Jones Season 1 and I can't wait to see Luke Cage in September. Ahh, can't wait to see everyone in The Defenders! It'll be e.p.i.c. ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments