Lip Talk: Burberry Lip Definer in Rosewood No. 07

by - Friday, April 22, 2016

 Time to line and fill in!

 When I wear a nude/nude-ish lip, more often than not, I don't wear a lip liner underneath. Nude shades are ones you can just slap on without a care in the world because they don't really need precision. It kind of makes me wonder why I have a nude shade in my kit, lol. Well, I guess it's really for longevity of lip product on clients, certainly not on me. But hey, let's do this for the blog. ;)


Here I have a posh lip liner. Posh because, well, it's Burberry. :)) I've reviewed a Burberry lipstick before (and I freaking love it!!) so I think it's just right if I do a feature on the lip liner I have. Spoiler alert: it's equally superb.

Rosewood is a gorgeous rosy brown shade. It leans more on the cooler side and against my skintone, I can see some peach(?) tint. I've seen other people's swatches and on them, it's really more on the gray side. Maybe editing the photo did some mumbo jumbo on the shade? Bah, I dunno. All my pics still look like the one above. But try Googling swatches of Rosewood. Either way, it's still a lovely nude shade. :)

However, actual application begs to differ. See that lovely rosy brown shade above? Well, it doesn't look like that on my lips, much to my chagrin.
Like, where did that deep brown go? WHERE?? On my lips, that's quite pigmented if I may add, it turned to a chalky pink shade. Like the brown shade decided to leave the last minute, you know? It's honestly still nice but I would've liked it if it was true to swatch. 

Let's go to the other things, yes? The feel of this lip liner is actually pretty good, at least in lip liner standards. Other lip liners are scratchy, hard, and draggy, but this one? Not so much and that's a really good thing! Even when the lips are filled in and blended with this, it feels surprisingly okay! My lips don't feel parched or abused. It's actually pretty creamy for a lip liner. Yes, the lips feel a bit more dry and cement-like but because the product is creamy, I've no problem rubbing my lips together. It also feels light. To put it simply, it feels like a semi-matte lipstick. It looks matte on the lips but isn't extremely drying. It's something I can wear for a few hours and not be bothered at all.


I like that it evens out when blended out. Some liners either drag hard or become patchy but this one is workable. However, it will cling on to dry areas so make sure to load up on the scrub and balm before using this. Another thing I like about is how plumping it is. No, it doesn't have voodoo magic like those lip plumpers; Rosewood creates an illusion of plump lips discreetly. No pain, no blood.

Lastly, its longevity is brilliant. Transfer is minimal. I wore this then ate some chocolate porridge and when I checked, only the center lips faded; the outside areas were still intact. The fade wasn't that bad, to be honest, so even when you eat, a thin coating of product will remain on the lips. On drinks though, it will transfer heavily when your lips are wet. Stick to straw, then?

I feel like this will be a really good base for those lip products that don't even out on their own, like my essence Matt gloss. Scratch that, this is a good base for every freaking lip product on the universe. I'm not alone when I say that Burberry lip liners are really good. For a wood pencil, it's pretty damn solid in performance. And how could you say no to a square tube pencil? So cute!


You May Also Like

0 comments