Nail of the Week: Blue Marble

by - Monday, May 09, 2016


Hey there! NOTW post is a little different today as it's not a featured polish but instead some nail art! This is the mani I sported over the busy weekend I had with my family. A few days ago, I watched HannahRoxNails' DIY marble nail art video which I thought was perfect because it looked easy to do and it looks interesting and cool on the nails.

Thursday night, I started on the decals. For the marble, I went for a blue theme. The polishes I used were the Missha BL06 (lightest), essence Electriiiiiic (middle), China Glaze Blue Year's Eve (darkest), and OMG White Out. I followed what Hannah said in the video but I have to admit, creating the marble effect was a bit challenging to do! Some areas were really marbled but I managed to somehow create muddy spots as well. It takes a while to get the strokes and patterns right but hey, it was my first time doing it and I think I did a pretty decent job haha! I'll get there, I promise! :P

I applied the decals the next day, after 12/13 hours of letting the decals dry. I used BL06 as my base before sticking them onto my nails. Sticking them was the easiest part for me, Removing the excess bits? Those were the most time consuming. It was pretty challenging to remove the bits on the cuticle area, and I have to make sure the decals don't get smudged or torn apart. The bits on the free edges were easily removed with acetone. It's not the cleanest of nail arts especially if it's your first time doing it but I promise it's all worth it because the marble design is so freaking cute on the nails. Plus, this is so much easier than doing actual water marbling. Tried it once, failed a hundred times.

Next time I do this, I'll be throwing in different colors just so the marble effect would stand out even more. But what I did here was pretty, if I say so myself. Can't wait to do more! Do give this a try if you're looking for something different to wear on your nails. Let's all cheat water marbling! :P :P :P

You May Also Like

0 comments