'If Easy Was A Crime' Part Three: They're Real! Remover

by - Friday, May 27, 2016

Item three of three.


We've come to the end of my kit review and I saved the best for last. After all, this has got to be my favorite product in this trio.


I'm obsessed with a lot of makeup products but I think nothing compares to my love for makeup removers. I feel like I have to try them all and having no space for one more is preposterous. Makeup removers fascinate me to no end, especially if they meet my standards: they should be gentle on the skin and eyes but removes at least 80% of the product in a couple of swipes. There should be minimal tugging and if it removes stubborn waterproof mascara with ease, then it's a winner. Bonus points if it leaves my skin smooth and soft. 


Upon seeing the They're Real! Remover in the kit, I knew I just have to try it asap; well, after I've tried They're Real! mascara, at least. And I did. And I'm pretty impressed. But first, can we just talk how cute this squeeze tube is? It's matte black with glossy quilt patterns ala Chanel with the word "Real" that's foil shiny. So cute! This tube is 7.5ml, a really baby version of the full-sized one that's 50ml.

Onto the product now. This remover has a creamy gel formula, reminiscent of lotion except this doesn't take long to set. It doesn't feel too greasy or watery on the skin; in fact, when it dries, the skin feels smooth but matte, quite similar to the effect of silicon primers. No need to rinse off the greasy feeling afterwards since the skin feels dry and quite powdery. Oh. and it's scentless, too. 

A little goes a long way and I find that 3 pea-sized product on a cotton pad is enough for one eye. I wasn't able to take photos of it removing my eye makeup so I just smothered They're Real! mascara and liner on the back of my hand for this demo. I let the products dry for several minutes first before removing it and the third picture above was after one swipe. One swipe! How amazing is that? The mascara is almost gone and the liner isn't one solid block anymore. Pretty impressive, if you ask me. Another thing I liked is that it didn't burn or cloud my eyes. My eyes didn't water because this remover didn't irritate my eyes at all. I was able to remove my mascara with ease and no tugging (!) and my eyes were perfectly fine. So. freaking. good!

Overall, this is a pretty darn good makeup remover. I love that it's gentle but packs a might punch!  I'm so glad I was able to try this and maybe one day, I'll take the plunge and buy the full-sized one (though that one day is far from now since I still have bottles of makeup remover to try and finish!). But if you're looking for a makeup remover that removes eye makeup easily, doesn't irritate the eyes, and leaves the skin smooth and not greasy, I highly recommend this. Quite pricey that other makeup removers but definitely worth every penny. 


You May Also Like

0 comments