EOTD: A Little Bit Dangerous

by - Monday, June 06, 2016

So what do you do when the look you're going for isn't working at all? You just roll with what you already started and, well, wing it from there. :P

It started with a graphic look I had in mind: sharp, bold liner, bold brows, black everything. EH, what happened? Well, let's just say it didn't work. My lines aren't going where I want them to go, I got black blobs all over my eyes and hands, I got frustrated because I'm effing up the eye look, yada yada yada. The moment I knew it wasn't working, I knew I had to change plans. I already started on the brow, might as well do something with the eye area, yes?

I had no idea for this look. All I knew was that I wanted some color and I really wanted to use a green shadow. So one product led to another and here we are. I guess while I was working on this look, I pictured that I was a queen of a fictitious race of creatures and that I wanted something that's really unconventional, a bit grubby, something that's weird and not at all wearable. This isn't really an extreme look as I didn't have a lot of time to put more details to it but I'm quite pleased with what I have now. Plus, I get to color my lashes white which is my favorite thing to do because it's just nice to see them like that. Haha. Weirdo alert. 

Anyway, after I decided that I'll be keeping the bold weird brow, I went straight to priming the lid with MAC Painterly. After that, I applied Bad to the Bronze all over my upper lid and a little bit on the lower lid. I used my fingers for this and the messier, the better! After that, I went to my green shadow, Nice Stems!, and applied that to the inner and outer corners of the eye, leaving the center areas alone. I didn't bother putting shadow on top of Bad to the Bronze because it sets anyway and I pretty much like the color on its own. This step is optional but I added Honeymoon, an antique muted gold with an olive undertone, on top of Nice Stems! but that's only to enhance the shimmer of the shade. I didn't pack Honeymoon; I just lightly added it, After that, I curled my lashes and scrubbed Milk on a spoolie then used that as my mascara. I also used it to line my lower waterline. And that's pretty much it! Oh, and if you're wondering why there are flecks on my brows, it's because I dusted a bit of Half Baked on it. In hindsight, I should've skipped it because it looks like brow dandruff, tbh. :))

PRODUCTS USED:
Mac Painterly Paint Pot
Maybelline Bad to the Bronze (lid; lower lashline)
Too Faced Nice Stems! (inner and outer corners)
Too Faced Honeymoon (on top of Nice Stems!)
NYX Milk (lashes; waterline)
MAC Blacktrack (brow)
Urban Decay Half Baked (brow)

You May Also Like

0 comments