Nail of the Week: essence Colour & Go in #76: Hard to Resist

by - Friday, June 24, 2016


In all fairness to this polish, I find this shade really, well, hard to resist.

Ah, it's feels so good to be able to do a NOTW again! If you didn't know, I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to get my nails to grow longer because posting a photo of them so short and bitten isn't a sight of sore eyes. Problems of a nail biting blogger, amirite? ;) My nails aren't too long but they've definitely improved. Hopefully, they'll be alright next week.

To celebrate my nail growth, I decided to whip out a polish from my box of unopened ones. I picked essence's Hard to Resist. Hard to Resist is such a gorgeous shade of blue, isn't it? It's a deep sapphire-like shade which reminds me so much of Kate Middleton's engagement ring (which is sapphire, fyi). I don't know, it looks very regal and mysterious and different. I know there's, like, 50,000 dupes for the shade alone but I'll probably end up liking them all, even if they're just the same shade. Blue's my jam, people.

As this is a shimmery polish, it glided on smoothly and I had no problems with painting this on. It wasn't streaky or patchy; it was a breeze to work with. Consistency's just right but it's a tad thicker when compared to my NARS polishes. The polish is quite opaque that you can get away with just one layer but I still recommend doing two layers to even everything out. It dried to the touch fairly quickly and once it's sealed with a fast drying top coat, it's all good. 

I have a handful of blue polishes on my stash so I thought I'd have something similar but alas, I didn't. I thought it was close to China Glaze's Blue Year's Eve but that polish was 2-3 shades lighter and is more shimmery than Hard to Resist. Guess this joins the blue polish party now! Yay!

You May Also Like

0 comments