Nail of the Week: Daisies

by - Wednesday, June 15, 2016

If you're wondering why my last NOTW was almost a month ago, it's because I've ruined my nails. Nothing gory, but it's all because of my unbreakable habit: nail biting. My nails are very short and very unbloggable (lol) and I want all my NOTWs, especially those featuring a new polishes, to have presentable nails, not short, gnawed ones. I don't even know I'm posting this, as you can see the short nails I currently have. :))

Anyway, I wanted to have something on my nails to avoid myself from gnawing them but I didn't want to paint them full-on. I settled for a very random placed nail art: daisies. I knew I wanted to use my dotting tool again so instead of doing a dotticure, I went on with daisies. I'm not that used to dotting tools and the works but I'm quite happy with what I achieved. The two polishes I used were essence Black is Back and OMG White Out. This nail art actually reminds me of the Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume line. Gotta brush them dotting skills up, though haha.

Now I don't know why I decided to go on with daisies but I think it may or may not have to do with the news my dad was watching while I was painting my nails. I think it was on CNN and it was all about the mass shooting in Orlando. My heart breaks for every single person who lost a friend, a lover, a sibling, a parent, to this random act of violence. The pain you're feeling right now is something I wouldn't understand but I weep with you nonetheless. It's infuriating how people can just waltz in and do such a vile thing; it's unfair, it's horrible, it's frightening. My heart goes out to the LGBT community who has done nothing but love and be the themselves. All they wanted was to be loved back and be accepted. And to those who are still holding grudges towards them, I hope you change your ways. We're in a new era, after all. Times are changing and so should you. And if you still can't accept them or love them, the least you could do is show respect. All of us, supporters or not, should show respect. And to those who lost their lives in the tragedy, these daisies are for you. May you all rest in peace.

You May Also Like

0 comments