Nail of the Week: OMG Nail Lacquer in Ashley

by - Friday, July 08, 2016


I think it's about time I reviewed the last OMG polish in my stash. I've featured two before, White Out and Exactly Red, but fun fact: this is the first OMG polish I've ever purchased. Don't know why it took me long to review it, though, lololol.

OMG's Ashley, at first glance, looks like your ordinary gray but it isn't. It isn't obvious in the pictures above but Ashley is a medium gray with a brown undertone. It's like taupe but it leans more on the gray scale. For reference, it's close to the color beaver (#9F8170). This is something I can absolutely wear on a daily basis as it's not too dark nor too nude.

Just like the other two OMG polishes, I experienced the same things with Ashley: thin, runny, streaky, and takes a while to dry. Two to three coats are advised with these polishes because they aren't too impressive with just one. Despite being thin and runny, it didn't pool at my cuticles but just like the other OMG polishes, it will pool at the free edge sections of the nail. Ashley wasn't as tricky and streaky as White Out and it wasn't sheer as Exactly Red. The streaks, however, was ironed out with a top coat so it wasn't something I stressed about afterwards. I guess you could say Ashley was the easiest to use but only by a slim margin. 

Overall, I love the color but I'm not too crazy with the formula. Same goes with White Out and Exactly Red. I wish the formula had more body and weight, if that makes sense. Wish it was a little creamier, too, but hey, we get what we pay for. I don't know if I'll purchase more OMG polishes soon but I'm not closing that door yet. Guess I'll just have to see if something catches my eye!


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hello, Shaunne! <3

    It's just so wonderful to find another Filipino blog! I'm following you now on Bloglovin and I hope we keep in touch :) Anyway, the spelling of your name is really unique, same thing with mine. I love nail polishes too! Only that sometimes I tend to get lazy applying it. Lol Hope to hear from you soon. :)

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance | New style post!
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Airish! Thanks for the follow! (Following you back in BL!) X

    ReplyDelete