EOTD: Stay in the Game

by - Tuesday, July 26, 2016


Blue and a colorful haze.

Hello and welcome to a new EOTD!  Today's look can either be a). monotonous or b). chaotic to you. Well, lemme explain...

This look was sort of a stretched out playtime. See, I initially wanted to create a look where the blue liner is the point of interest. The liner I used here will be reviewed in a few days and this look will kinda be my "swatch" for that post so yes, the liner needed to standout. I wanted the liner paired with a colorful inner corner and a browbone highlighter. Easy peasy, right? Well, that's now how it went.

It's been a long time since I played with my NYX pigments so I decided to use them for this look. I used 2 shadows for the inner corners and a gorgeous pink with gold flecks for the brow highlight. However, I reached for another, then another and well, here we are.

So yes, after lining my eyes with the blue liner and setting the lid with my ever favorite Freestyle, I then used a green-gold pigment, Hard Core, for the inner corner, bleeding with almost the inner half of the lid. I felt that it was too plain so I used Bayou, a cornflower blue pigment, and concentrated that on the inner corner of the eye. I figured my browbone could use some color so I used Princess, a light pink pigment that has gold flecks. If you ask me, this worked out really well and I have to say, it's my favorite part in this look. I felt that the other two thirds of my lid was a bit bare so I reached for a pale purple, Violet,  and filled that in, blending it with the green and the pink. I also, very lightly, applied it on the lower lashline. If you're wondering why the pigments aren't too pigmented in this look, it's because that's how I wanted them to be. Instead of packing them on I diffused the pigments to create a light haze of color. As I've said before, I want the liner to standout. The haze of colors just create a background for the liner and hopefully, the shadows weren't able to grab the attention from the liner.


Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (lid)
NYX Pigment in Hard Core (inner corner, inner lid)
NYX Pigment in Bayou (inner corner)
NYX Pigment in Violet (outer two thirds of the lid, lower lashline)
NYX Pigment in Princess (browbone highlight)
The Face Shop Make Me Star Waterproof Gel Liner in 05 Sky Fever
Benefit They're Real! Mascara

You May Also Like

0 comments