The Once-A-Week Trio

by - Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Use weekly.


I don't use a lot of products, to be honest, just because I like my products simple and basic. I'm not one who's into fancy things; I like using products I know match my needs, not my wants. 

Having said that, I sometimes like to pamper myself by doing a couple of extra steps once a week, steps I don't usually do on a daily basis. Currently, these three things are the products I use weekly, most often than not on a weekend.


Body Scrub
-The one I'm currently using at the moment is Soap & Glory's Flake Away. It's an old favorite and I think I've blogged about it a few years ago (read here). I absolutely love this scrub because it smells amazing (like peaches!!) and because it's a beady type of scrub. The beads have the right texture (although I prefer a lil tiny bit more of coarseness) and they help scrub the extra dirt on my skin away. It feels amazing on the skin after you rinse it off, too. It feels like you've piled on some peach lotion without the sticky feeling of one. I do this once a week because, as I've said, it's an extra step on cleansing. I think body scrubs can be a little damaging to the skin when used daily so I use them sparingly.

Hair Mask
-My older sister introduced me to hair masks. She gave me my first one back in 2011, I think, and she became my supplier from then on. (Hahaha, love you, Ate!) She always gives me L'Oreal hair masks and the EverCreme Deep Nourishing Masque is the one I'm currently using. Hair masks are essential because it helps repair the damage we do to our hair. While I don't curl or straighten my hair with irons, I use this mask weekly to somewhat tame and repair the frizz of my mane. Whenever I use a hair mask, the strands of my hair feels less coarse and my hair is more tamed and manageable. It's a plus that the EverCreme hair mask is sulfate-free, too. It's less damaging and more organically safe.

Nose strips
-The Biore Pore Pack Black is an oldie but a goodie. The reason why I use it only once a week? It's more fun that way, trust me! It's always fun to use it after 5 days because you get to see all that bad stuff that's accumulated on your nose! I know it's gross but somewhat fascinating to see all that dirt buildup on a pore strip. Am I a weirdo or what? :)))


So that's pretty much it. I don't really use them all on one day. Sometimes I use one or two now, then the third one tomorrow. I also use them all at night, though, because I consider them as pampering products of sorts. Would love to know what's yours and thanks for reading!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. hahaha that nose strip bit - i do get the hype out of looking at the dirts removed on the pads lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha glad I'm not the only one! It's so gross but also so satisfying to look at! :))

    ReplyDelete