Sky in a Tube: Lovely Me:Ex Make Me Star Gel Liner in 05 Sky Fever

by - Wednesday, July 27, 2016


Just blue again, man.


Hope you guys aren't sick of my blue themed posts yet haha! As I've said in my previous EOTD, I'll be featuring this pretty blue liner I used in that look so here it is, another Korean liner I absolutely adore. 

The Face Shop's Lovely Me:ex Make Me Star Gel Liner in 05 Sky Fever is the sibling of my fave brown liner, Choco Latte. While Choco Latte is more of an everyday shade, Sky Fever is more for bold days, a break from the monotonous neutrals. This is a lovely shade of sky blue, with a sprinkling of very fine glitter, so you know it will really pop no matter how you wear it and where you put it. I love these kinds of color because these colors just really lift your spirits up, you know. Plus, it really looks good with brown eyes and that's a huge plus for me. :)

This is a gel liner pencil so in terms of texture, its just like Choco Latte. However, I could tell right off the bat that Choco Latte is the more pigmented one. I mean, Sky fever has awesome payoff but it tends to be patchy in some areas. I don't know if you can see it on the swatch above but there are areas that are sheerer than others. I thought it would be a problem but turns out, I had nothing to worry about because touching those areas up was a breeze.

This pencil glides on smoothly and I had no problems with application. I didn't have to tug or rub too hard for it to show up. It had the right amount of creaminess and grit which was perfect for lining purposes. One thing I also liked about it is its drying time. It sets quickly, yes, but it still gives you time to smudge it or drag it before setting. I was able to elongate my wings, erase tiny booboos away before it set and that makes me really happy. No one wants to deal with stubborn liner, right?


It also comes with a rubber smudger so if you have no tools around, you're covered. Also, just like Choco Latte, this isn't a twist type pencil. It looks like one, though, but nope, it isn't. Usually I hate sharpening pencils with plasticky bodies just with this and Choco Latte, sharpening was a walk in the park. They didn't fight with my sharpener and most importantly, they didn't ruin it. A+ right there.

Overall, I really like this pencil. Who am I kidding, I love this line of eyeliners of The Face Shop. I had no problems with the two I have, they're superb in terms of application and pigmentation and I know even beginners in makeup would have no problems with them. Guess I should've gotten other colors too during the sale!

Ending this post with the look I did with the pencil. For more info about this look, check out the post about it! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments