Current Scents + How I Bring Them on Trips

by - Wednesday, September 28, 2016


Spritz, sniff, repeat.


For the most part, I'm not much of a perfume person. Or rather, I'm not one who collects perfumes. I think that's because I'd rather have one or two in my stash that I know I'll use and abuse than have 10 or 20 but only use 5. Whenever people gift me perfumes, I get quite picky, not gonna lie. If I feel like the scent's not me or doesn't match my style, I immediately pass it on to someone else. I don't keep it just because I like the packaging or the bottle. If I know I won't use it, I'll give it to someone else asap (quite gingerly sometimes, tbh.)


With that said, here's my current perfume stash. These scents are the ones I'm currently using and alternating, sometimes sharing it with my mom. These scents are kind of like my "signature" scents. I use them all the time you'd immediately think of me when you sniff them anywhere. Let me show them and explain why I like wearing them.


The one I use the most is the Victoria's Secret Dreamy Vanilla Fragrance Mist. I've been using it since late last year and I haven't even reached half the bottle yet. That's because the staying power of this fragrance is absolutely long-lasting. If I spritz it on in the morning, there's still a hint of it by nighttime. I don't need to respray with this one which is why I like using it. (#lowmaintenance). It smells sweet, almost cupcake-y, and not at all like those old school vanilla-scented candles. It smells young and quite teeny-bopper-ish. It kinda has a PINK VS vibe to it, to be honest.

The next one is a rediscovery. I got the Taylor Swift Wonderstruck ages and ago and I stopped using it because I started using Dreamy Vanilla. But it resurfaced recently and I'm obsessed again. It has a sweet smell to it but it has a more floral undertone to it. If Dreamy Vanilla's teen-like, this has a more young adult-vibe to it. Re-sprayed it the other day, I almost fainted because of how I missed this scent. So. Good.

The last one's very nostalgic to me. My aunt sent me the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent Spray a few months back and I immediately remembered my childhood days, most particularly, my childhood days with my sister. See, my sister is twelve years older than I am, so she was already working when I was still in grade school and this scent was one that she wore all the time. It reminds me so much of her that they go hand in hand in my thoughts. Green Tea scent = older sister. Even if she uses a different scent now (she uses the Lanvin Marry Me! last I checked), I still remember her days with this. Among the three scents I have, this one has the lightest scent, almost clean even. A little fruity, a little tart and just all-around refreshing. This one's definitely my adult scent, one I'll use when I don't want people to be overwhelmed with what I'm wearing.

Whenever I go on trips, I make sure I have perfume with me. But I never ever travel with the full bottle. It's quite risky packing a full sized perfume, let alone a full sized perfume in a glass bottle. So what do I do? I decant it, just like my cosmetics.


You can go use perfume atomizers to decant your perfumes but I personally like these perfume bottles from Daiso. For S$2, I get to bring a decent amount of perfume with me without worrying to breakage or leakage in my luggage. It's cheap, it sprays decently, it can house a lot of product; what more can I ask for?


As you can see, it is the cheap sister of an atomizer. It doesn't have the tech features of one as it's a screw-type glass bottle housed in a sturdy detachable tube. The glass container surprisingly can hold a lot of liquid, always nice when you go to trips, you know. Decanting your scent is very straightforward: get a funnel and pour the contents in. The only problem is when your perfume bottles can't be opened. The only way is to spritz the contents in. This process isn't really that messy. I tried it a few times and when I got the hang of it, decanting was a breeze.

Perfume atomizers are quite pricey so this is a good alternative. This bottle's quite big so to be sure and safe, I just usually chuck it in my check-in luggage. You can also use those really small plastic spritz bottles for your carry on, just make sure they have a cap and that it seals shut tightly. You don't want any perfume mishaps before you fly!


You May Also Like

0 comments