EOTD: Back in the City

by - Monday, September 19, 2016


Easy peasy 3-shadow look.


I'm back! Sorry if I've been MIA the past week. I've just been so out of it, like I had no idea what to blog. Sure I've had a couple of ideas here and there but nothing really stuck; nothing motivated me enough, I guess. But hopefully I'll get back up asap in the next few weeks because posting absolutely nothing feels weird and just so bad. Thanks for understanding and thanks for sticking with me and this blog!


Right, let's get to the look, shall we? Since last week was my birthday week, I figured it was the best time to open and try a new product. This time, it's an eyeshadow by Guerlain. The overall product, from the packaging to the actual product, feels very luxurious, like you know it's not from the drugstore whatsoever. It's in the shade 187 L'Instant D'un Soupir and it's a nice medium brown that's satin and shimmery. I won't talk too much about this because I'll be writing a review on this so stay tuned for that! All I can say is that it was a breeze to work with and it's definitely something you can wear for everyday. 

After priming my lids and setting it with Freestyle, I used L'Instant D'un Soupir straightaway on the lids. I concentrated the shadow on the lids which gave this smokey, eyelined-look effect on my eyes. When I was content with the color payoff, I blended the edges a little bit then took a blending brush to apply Toasted on the crease. I think a crease that's warmed up a little bit by a peach-based shadow looks great with the brown lid but unfortunately, Toasted wasn't peachy enough so if you have a neutral peach-based shadow, go use that. Blend, blend, blend until you can't see any harsh edges.

If you want a heavier/smokier look, apply L'Instant D'un Soupir on the lower lashline as well, then blend the edges with Toasted. Since L'Instant D'un Soupir has gold shimmers in it, I decided to use a complementary shade in the form on Half Baked as an inner corner highlight. That pop of warm antique gold just ties the whole thing up and instantly adds warmth to the look. Finish off with liner and mascara, add falsies if you want, too.

Ain't that easy? Seriously, you can pretty much do this look with similar shadows, maybe even do some alterations and all that. Hope this look gives you inspo! x


PRODUCTS USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (all over)
Guerlain shadow in 187 L'Instant D'un Soupir (lid; lower lashline)
Sleek shadow in Toasted (crease; lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Half Baked (inner corner)
MAC Blacktrack Gel Liner
Benefit They're Real! Mascara (upper lashes)
essence All Eyes on Me Mascara (lower lashes)


You May Also Like

0 comments