EOTD: Detective Decker

by - Monday, September 26, 2016


"I don't know what your deal is, but you make me a better detective."

Hello hello hello! Sorry for the lack of posts but don't worry, I'm trying my hardest to post like I normally do. (Thrice a week, icydk). Hope you enjoyed reading the last ones I posted, though!

Right, so today's look is an inspired one. See, one of my fave shows, Lucifer, is back for its second season and I figured it's the perfect time to do an EOTD inspired from a character in that show. This look is inspired by Detective Chloe Decker (played by Lauren German), an LAPD detective who solves cases and occasionally bickers with Lucifer. She's one of the characters who sort of but not really wants to believe Lucifer and the things he says, hence the endless arguments and bickering with Lucifer. They're good partners in solving crime, though, and they're good friends, which they show through actions, mostly.


Chloe's eye look is very simple, minimal, and easy. She has a medium, almost skintone matte/satin brown shadow on her lids, a bit of deep brown and skintone brown on her lower lashline, and lashes. Very fuss-free and very doable, IRL.

My take: I took the most skintone brown I have in my stash and pretty much made it my main color. Most of the browns I have are either cool-toned or warm and I needed something in between. Enter Evil Monkey. It was just the shade I was looking for. It had a gray-ish tone to it but when blended, it has this warm tone that really makes the crease area warm and defined. The only thing with Evil Monkey is that it's more on the satin/shimmery side. Chloe's shadow is matte and satin-ish but I figured it's fine. This is an inspired look, after all.

So after priming and setting my eye area with Freestyle, I also highlighted the brow bone area with Kinky. I highlighted now because I didn't want to lighten the shadow afterwards with Kinky so highlighting now will assure me of a clean blend of my lid shadow. I then applied Evil Monkey on the lids first. I packed the shadow slightly on my lid the blended the shadow up to my crease with a blending brush. Make sure you use a clean blending brush as there's no need to pack on more shadow. We need this look to be skin-like, like there's nothing there although, of course, we know something is. ;)

For the lower lashline, I applied Evil Monkey quite lightly. I then took a darker brown, Faint, to line as close to my lashline roots as possible. This will act as a liner for this look. Chloe's lower lash eyeline is pretty obvious so it's okay if it's quite out there. Blend Faint a little bit with Evil Monkey for a less stark liner.

And that's pretty much it! Add some lashes and mascara and you're pretty much done. That's how simple Chloe's look is and can be worn in pretty much any day, any where. Again, this is an inspired look so you can tweak some bits and bobs to make this look more your style.

Do you watch Lucifer? Who's you fave character? x


PRODUCTS USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (lid)
Urban Decay shadow in Kinky (highlight)
Kat Von D shadow in Evil Monkey (lid; lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Faint (lower lashline)
Benefit They're Real! Mascara

You May Also Like

0 comments