Activewear or Not Activewear: A Haul

by - Friday, September 28, 2018


The spending spree on activewear continues.


I’m really liking this new hobby of mine: hunting for affordable activewear. What can I say, I’m a HIIT loving cheapskate. But really, I just love sports bras and leggings in general; I just can’t get myself to splurge on them all the time, you know? I mean, why splurge on an item when you can get them for less? I don’t know man, but that’s just how I roll when it comes to these things. 

Anyway, ramblings aside, here’s a new batch of my loot! Now, not gonna lie: these aren’t exactly activewear-activewear. They look like activewear but I have a feeling they're not really made for rigorous activities. Well, we'll see. Also, I didn't buy all these items in one go. I'm not that crazy, haha! I think I got them weeks apart and on two different places.

Let's start with the first ones I got, shall we?

 I spend so much on sports bras that I tend to forget about the bottom half of my body. So here I am with brand new bottoms! These are capri pants from Body Music which I got for just under Php200. What a steal! Now these aren't fitted bottoms. They are a bit loose and relaxed, like a cross between activewear and loungewear. The material feels like a polyester-cotton blend, with cotton being the dominant material. It's soft, stretchy, and has a bit of give; not bad for a pair of capri! I also like that it's a drawstring type of bottoms as it makes sure it won't roll or loosen up quickly. 

Is it good for working out? My answer: YES! I wore it for my morning workout and it's good! Had no issues with it at all and it even kept my resistance band in place. Plus it's definitely squat proof! Yay!

Next item I got is definitely NOT activewear, now that I think about it. It all came back to me: I purchased this with the intent of wearing it as a bra and not as a sports bra. Anyway, it's a bra from So-En that's part of their Active Collection. Honestly, this particular bra is something I won't wear to a workout. It's cute (obsessed over that racerback!), yes, but it doesn't offer a lot of support. And once the jumping and running and burpees commend, your girls will be out in a flash. This bra is just for normal use which I welcome completely because I like wearing sports bra-like bras. Plus, I got it for half price; can't really complain now, can I?

The next two bras I got from a supermarket, of all places. I can't!! But hey, they're pretty cheap so I couldn't resist getting a couple to try.
The first one I got is this red sports bra. It's a pretty bold and loud red, if you ask me but it's a good contrast to my other muted colored bras. This has a simple standard cut from front to back, kinda like a cropped tank almost. This one has removable pad inserts so you can always adjust according to the support you need. Its material is leaning more on cotton, definitely.

Now this is quite different from the other bras I have. This one has a looser stretch. Most sports bras have a strong resistance stretch, right, so that it's really glued to your body? This one is looser and the stretch is wider but it somehow doesn't feel like it would loosen up completely. Do you get what I mean? Am I even making sense here? Hope I am. Anyway, this is one bra I could easily get in and out of, thanks to that stretch. Is it good for working out? Yes and no. Yes, it does contain the girls but I feel like it doesn't really keep them in sucked in. Like when I jump, I feel them bouncing and it could sometime hurt a little, you know? I think I need it to be tighter, just so everything will feel secure. I'd still wear it though haha!

Last item of this haul is this cute gray bra with pink polka dots. Now I got this because this one, especially the band, felt tighter and more secure than the red one. This also feels less stretchy than the first one; pretty much close to a usual activewear bra. Again, this has removable pad inserts and also leaning more towards cotton. Also simple cut from front to back.

I've yet to try this on a workout but I have a feeling this could be better than the red one, mainly because of its tighter band and less stretchy material. Support could be better like the red one but still usable. And yep, I'd still wear this no matter the outcome haha!

And that's it! Definitely loving the pants, fave purchase of this haul for sure. The So-En bra is a good everyday, non workout bra and the other two bras are good for everyday workout mornings. I feel like shopping for activewear, especially bras, are now tricky for me because I'm in between a large and medium. Like, if I get a large, it's loose and if I get a medium, it's quite snug. It's the weirdest thing ever but I quite like the challenge. Off to another search!


You May Also Like

0 comments