Sampling Samples: Innisfree Daily UV Protection Cream No Sebum

by - Wednesday, September 12, 2018


Lightweight sun protection.

 I've never been one to regularly use a sun protection cream. Maybe it's because of my past experiences with sunblocks that were so thick and heavy and hot on the skin that made me not like them. This is pretty much why I like bases, like BB creams or powder foundations, with SPF. I get coverage from the makeup as well as sun protection, all in just one product. But what if I want to go makeup free? Well, that's what I struggle with. I just can't with sunblocks- or sunblocks pretending to be face moisturizers.

When I got a package full of samples from my sister, a trio of sunscreen samples caught my eye. I've never tried any of Innisfree's skincare so I thought I'd start playing with them, starting with the Daily UV Protection Cream No Sebum with SPF35 PA+++.


According to the Innisfree site, this product is a "A clean and matte oil control UV protection cream with a special sunflower formulation." It's to be used last on your skincare routine, right before you apply makeup.

Its key ingredients include:
1. Sunflower oil and Jeju green tea extract (they hydrate and protect the skin against UV rays)
2. Portulaca oleracea extracts (rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental damage)
3. Centella asiatica extracts (packed with amino acids to encourage cell regeneration for healing)


The Daily UV Protection Cream has sort of a skintone tint to it, like a really pale shade of a BB cream. Texture-wise, it feels silicon-y, but it dries down to a powder finish. It wasn't hard to apply as the product isn't thick and it spreads quickly as well. It has this scent that I can't quite put my finger on. Like, it has a floral hint mixed with other scents. A bit bubblegummy with a touch of floral notes? Something like that. It's not that overpowering, though, which is good.

For the most part, I quite like it. Its mattifying feature and oil control is good and I feel that it's okay to be used under makeup, specifically light bases like mineral/powder foundation and BB creams. This cream doesn't feel heavy or hot on this skin; it actually felt like I was wearing nothing on my face. This made my face look fresh and added a touch of brightness. No bad for a daily sun protection cream.

Now, I really don't recommend using this if you're going to spend most of your time outdoors. SPF35 isn't that high for a decent sun protection so it's not really a heavyweight cream for summertime or beach outings. But if you'll spend most of your time indoors and the only time you'll be exposed to the sun is during your commute, then this one's great to use. I've also read reviews that it leaves a white cast on the face. I didn't really mind mine since it wasn't too obvious (I applied a thin layer) but layering a foundation (not a BB cream) on top of it might reduce the cast.

Overall, I'd say this is a good product to use on a daily basis. It's a straightforward product that's mattifying and has sun protection and can be easily used under makeup. As said before, it's best for those with oily to combination skin. The price of a full-size bottle isn't that expensive (on sale, a 50ml bottle is just under 500Php) so it's a great product to try out. Finally, a sun cream that doesn't feel hot on the face!

You May Also Like

0 comments