Active Recap: Quad IV

by - Monday, September 09, 2019


4.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S





DAY A


As an "extension" of my warm up, I did this routine just to make my whole body more warmed up and for me to be more awake. Not much cardio in this routine and as the title suggests, it's done on the mat. Even if Day A is technically a lower body-focused day, I like making my whole body work first. I only did one round of this routine and I used both weights and bands but this routine can be easily done for two rounds and with or without equipment.  If you like a routine that's more toning and with no plyo, this one's a good routine to do.



So this is my main circuit for this day. This routine is best used with mini bands to get that delicious burn on your lower body. Most of the moves in this routine are more on resistance-training/toning but there are moves that are low impact cardio.

Each move is done for 2 minutes and in increasing counts and at first, I really didn't like the idea of doing one single move for 2 minutes (you all know I hate repetitive exercises). Surprisingly, I liked the format of this routine because time flies fast and also the increasing counts makes my brain work and distracts me from the fact that I'm doing one move over and over. Plus, the burn I felt was incredible. Love this routine!

Warm up + cool down included.


Workout duration: around 42 minutes, including 1 minute rest in between circuits; extra warm up not included.



DAY B


Since Day A was a bit intense, I decided to do a lighter routine, an active rest if you will. This routine is more of a beginner pilates and offers great stretches and toning exercises, with a sprinkling of low impact cardio moves. Again, this is lower body focused. There are two circuits in this routine which I did twice through. On my second go, I used a medium mini band to make it more intense. Best move ever. Love the sweet burn this routine gave me!

A five minute warm is included, as well as a stretch/yoga-style cool down.

Workout duration: around 47 minutes.



DAY C


Okay, if you're looking for cardio, here's some cardio. This 15-minute ab routine is a killer and will make you sweat and pant in no time. There are two circuits here. Each circuit has 4 moves and repeated for 3 times. You know I'm not a big fan of ab routines but I do it anyway because I need to haha! This routine was fast-paced, yes, but fun! I like getting challenged every now and then. At the end, I was sweating but it felt good!



Need some arm action in this quad! I usually go for weights for arm days but I went for a mini band arm routine to make things a bit different. Using mini bands don't mean it's easier though! Arm exercises with mini bands give a different burn than arm exercises with weights. Again, it's more resistance-training so there's that. This routine was surprisingly challenging and I had to go for a light mini band for more range of motion. Definitely can be done with a medium band for a more intense burn!

Oh, and do this twice! For maximum burn, use a medium or heavy band throughout. RIP arms.

Workout duration: around 38 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.



DAY D


Starting yoga day with this routine! Okay so holy crap, this workout, man. I was taken aback at how challenging it was! Nothing was light about this routine; it's legit a weight loss yoga routine. I was all sweaty after and at some exercises, I just needed to modify to get going. Wow, what a surprise this routine was. Fun and hard!

PS. Warm up before you do this routine!



After that intense routine, I need a good stretch and I got it. This routine was so relaxing and definitely stretched out my arms, my torso, and my legs. It was only 20 minutes but it was bliss. Thank you, Adriene! You never disappoint.

Workout duration: around 39 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up not included.



CONCLUSION:
If you can't already tell, it's a mini band themed quad! I've always wanted to do a quad using mainly mini bands and here it is. Incorporating mini bands always makes simple exercises more challenging and the burn afterward is so worth it. Love this quad!


MY TOP WORKOUT IN THIS QUAD:
Sydney Cummings' 30 Minute Butt and Thighs Burnout With Mini Band Workout, hands down! Really great toning routine. Second place goes to Fitness Blender's Easy Pilates and Cardio workout (the banded version!)


You May Also Like

0 comments