Snaps from Legoland Malaysia 2019: Part Two

by - Tuesday, June 29, 2021

 


Theme park!

(CLICK HERE FOR PART ONE)


Okay, so here are the photos around the theme park as promised! We pretty much spent all day in this area because there were just so much to do!! This theme park is great because there's always something to do and see for someone, whether it's an adult, a kid, a teenager, and yes, even for the oldies.

Legoland Malaysia's theme park has 7 areas of attractions but I only went to five of them because the other areas were pretty much targeted for younger kids who aren't allowed yet on the bigger rides. The kids, Hugo & Sophia, and my mom roamed mostly on these areas while my sis and I went for the areas with the rides. We were able to meet them up later on to go to attractions that are free for all ages.

But first: OOTD!

  

Whenever I visit theme parks, I always make sure I wear three things: a pair of shorts, a cap, and comfy as hell sneakers. Also, sunscreen! Never ever forget to wear sunscreen.


Okay, onto the first area: The Beginning. This area's pretty much the entrance to the theme park so you'll see ticket booths, souvenir shops, and food stalls and restos in this area. There are also these cool Lego statues scattered around this area. Cute!


Before we went our separate ways, we went on our first ride: the Technic Twister. It's a teacup-style ride that's a bit quicker than usual. My niece, Sophia, wasn't allowed to ride this because she's below the height limit. :( 

With the birthday boy! And in case you're wondering, no, this ride ain't it for me, sis.


First ride I hopped on was The Great LEGO Race, a virtual reality roller coaster! This one's pretty cool because you have the option to ride with or without the VR goggles. Highly recommend with goggles because it gives a whole different feel and excitement to the ride, plus it felt a little less daunting because you focus on the VR instead of the big drop at the start of the ride. 

I rode it twice, once with Hugo (who was so brave! He wasn't allowed to wear the VR goggles so he got the old school roller coaster thrill. Such a big boy!) and my sis; the second time was only with my sister again because she wanted to ride it with goggles on. Highly recommend for the thrill and experience! (PS. This one's a pretty high drop. Other roller coasters in the theme park are easy once you get over this, trust me.)



The other ride that I also recommend is The Dragon. This one's still pretty high but not as daring as The Great LEGO Race. Super love this area too, with the medieval castle theme and all that. However, this building itself is a bit huge so getting to the main gate of the ride can be a pretty lengthy walk. Worth it though! 


Why does this portrait remind me of Bianca del Rio?? 


If you want an easier version of The Dragon, you can always ride The Dragon's Apprentice. This ride is designed to be enjoyed by kids too so it's smaller and has a shallower and quicker drop. I actually enjoyed this ride haha! I got to ride it three times I think, once with my mom too! My mom always says no to a roller coaster but after a bit of convincing, she tried it and not hated it haha! 


One ride that I got to enjoy with everybody (yes, kids included) was the NINJAGO The Ride. It's an indoor ride that's interactive in 3D. No sudden drops since the car pretty much just moves sideways but it has a lot of action and fun! Hugo absolutely loved it!


One area where you can just marvel at Lego creations is the Miniland where you'll see replicas of iconic Asian sites and buildings. Here are some sites I was able to take a photo of!

Malaysia's Petronas Towers

India's Taj Mahal

Malaysia's Port Tanjung Pelepas

Singapore's Merlion Park + The Fullerton Hotel

Singapore's Riverside Point

China's The Forbidden City

Cambodia's Angkor Wat


Malaysia's Sultan Abdul Samad Building (+ a peek of the Maybank Tower, Petronas Towers, and KL Tower in the background)

Malaysia's Perdana Putra and Putra Mosque


Other sites I'll not name because I'm not sure where they're located and I'm scared to mislabel them:


During our visit, we were able to check out the Star Wars Miniland!  It had its own airconditioned area which was pretty cool and if you're a Star Wars fan, you'll love it. Unfortunately, this miniland was removed in the same year because of Disney's intellectual property license acquisition. 


 

Other pics around the area:



After a long day, we had Japanese for dinner! Yum!

My brother-in-law was able to join us after arriving from an overseas trip!

This was taken on our last day and it's pretty much the only decent family photo of us together haha!

And that's it for this post! Aww, this is making me miss my sister and her fam! I can't wait to be fully vaccinated and travel again. Hopefully soon, fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading! xx

You May Also Like

0 comments