Brush 3 of 4: Ellana Cosmetics' Galatea 113 Paddle Brush

by - Wednesday, June 16, 2021


 

'Ceal and blend.

This post is part of Backlog Beauty, a series of beauty reviews I should've published last year or the year before that but I didn't or wasn't able to. Most of the beauty products I'll be reviewing in Backlog Beauty are from previous collections that may or may not be available anymore.


Now that we're done with the smaller brushes, aka the 114 and the 116, let's now go to the face brushes, starting with the 113. The 113 is the concealer brush in the quad and the second largest brush. To be honest, for both my base and concealer, I just use one thing: a damp makeup sponge/beauty blender, so having a separate brush for my concealer is a bit of a strange thing for me. But let's see how this brush fares!

The 113 has more of a wider, more circle shaped brush head that's definitely denser than the 116. We're definitely entering face brush territory here with this brush. The brush, in my opinion, is just the right size for concealing. It definitely covers the undereye areas perfectly, plus it's also great for the nose bridge and sides of the nose.

Now let's start with my review. Because 113 is quite a dense brush, it was able to blend out my concealer (I used the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Deep)without moving other creams or liquids around (aka my base). This brush is great for blending out the undereye areas in a V-shape because the 113 can cover a decent amount of area. However, when my concealer got a bit set, I found it hard to blend it out further with this brush. I had to use my fingers to further blend out the concealer and make it seamless. Now I don't know why that happened. Maybe this brush can only blend so much?

For spot concealing though, this brush was great. It blended out the concealer on my pimple and set it quite nicely. It was also great for small areas, like the sides of my nose. So this gave me an idea: why not use it to blend out product on smaller areas, like a highlighter? So that's what I did. I tested it out by blending out Watt's Up! on my cheekbone and you know what? The 113 blended my highlighter quickly and easily and beautifully! It made the highlighter look diffused and well blended. Yay! 

After using the 113, I think I'll use it more as a highlight brush than a concealer brush. I actually prefer using a sponge (and/or my fingers!) for concealing more now that I used this. However, this as a highlight brush? I LIVE. It works amazingly well with cream highlighters so I guess I'll just stick with that. Spot concealing with this brush is good too but I really prefer it with highlighters. I'm actually thinking of also using this for some lid work, like for a lid wash or for blending out a cream shadow. I'm gonna try that out sometime. Exciting!!


You May Also Like

0 comments