Sampling Samples: Geoskincare Water Spa Sleeping Mask

by - Friday, July 15, 2022

 


Your nightly dose of hydration boost.

My idea of a quick relaxation is smothering my face with a mud mask, letting it soak for around 10-15 minutes then rinsing it off. I prefer mud masks over sheet masks because I like the freedom of moving around with mud masks, something I can't do with a sheet mask. Plus, I just feel like mud masks are more intense in terms of hydration, moisturization, and clarification. They're just such great weekly guilty pleasures for me that I soooo love!

So you have mud masks, sheet masks, and now....sleeping masks? Not gonna lie, when I first heard of sleeping masks, I was a bit perplexed. So apparently they're like leave-on masks, like mud masks, but with the texture of the solution on a sheet mask, and you keep them on while you sleep for hours. Hmm. Well, after avoiding them for months, I finally caved in. And well, here's my first review on a sleeping mask!

Here I have Geoskincare's Water Spa Sleeping Mask. The Water Spa Sleeping Mask is exactly as the name suggests: a mask that hydrates and moisturizes your skin while you sleep. It is packed with both moisturizing ingredients such as thermal spring water, alpine glaciers water, and hyaluronic acid, as well as skin-caring ingredients such as arbutin, nicotinamide, Canadian sea mud, bifida ferment filtrate, and honey and royal jelly.

This mask is actually a part of a boxed set. Basically, the masks come in a weekly box- 7 pods for 7 nights. I only have 2 pods because they were given as samples but basically, you can only get them as a set.


The mask comes with a spatula which makes things easier. I know 1 pod is supposed to be used on just one night but honestly, I don't think I can! There's quite a lot of product in one pod already so you can have 2 or 3 uses out of it. Plus, I just feel like it's overkill to use the entire pod in one go. A little goes a long way with this mask, not to mention using everything up will just prolong the drying time.

The sleeping mask's formula reminds me so much of a water-based moisturizer. It's a little bit thicker but surprisingly spreads easier as well. The mask has such as nice smell as well: fresh and clean with a little flowery hint.


So what I do is scoop some product out (like the amount I usually have for my moisturizer), dot it around my face and neck but leaving the eye area, then spread it and work it on my skin. As I said before, this mask is pretty easy to work with so it'll spread in no time.

Unlike a moisturizer that gets absorbed by the skin easily, this mask takes a while to dry down. My small scoop usually dries down to the touch after 15-20 minutes and the tackiness doesn't leave until after around an hour or so. I recommend applying this on an hour before you sleep just to make sure none of the mask transfers on your pillowcases or blanket.


Three things I love about this mask:

1. It gets the hydration and moisturization job done. Honestly, every time I use this, I wake up with skin feeling so soft and hydrated. My face don't feel very textured and my dry spots are definitely gone. This mask is like a hardcore, level up version of a water-based moisturizer and I freaking love it!


2. It can be used every night. Unlike my beloved mud masks that should only be used 1-2 times a week, this sleeping mask can be used nightly- which means hydrated skin everyday!


3. No rinse! Because of its formula that's milder than usual masks, there's no need to get up and rinse after 10 minutes- you just slap this on, let it dry, and call it a night. I even sometimes forget I put this on the night before lol because it doesn't really feel anything on the face. I just make sure to rinse my face in the morning to get the mask off before I workout.


You know what, I totally get the whole boxed set thing now because once you use this mask, you'll get hooked! I absolutely love the nightly masking concept and I like that it's relatively less messy than other masks. I really like hydrating products and this one's really up my alley! Sucks that I only have 2 pods with me and that Geoskincare isn't available yet here in the Philippines (at least as far as I know). Guess I gotta get some then when I go to Singapore!

You May Also Like

0 comments