For Foolproof Highlighting: Vice Cosmetics Highlighter Brush

by - Saturday, July 30, 2022

 


A great highlight starts with a brush.

For the longest time, my choice of brush for highlighting is a fan brush. I do like how it's thin and able to place a highlight quite precisely on my cheekbones. However, I find that with a fan brush, my highlight seems to look sharp and straight, the opposite of what I want to achieve that's more rounded and diffused. Because I want to have a better highlight game, I thought I'd get a brush that'll help me get the effect I wanted. So here's me with a brand new highlighter brush!

I thought I'd go for something locally available so I went for Vice Cosmetics' Highlighter Brush from their Pink Brush Collection. This brush is a small fluffy tapered blush that promises to be soft, foolproof, and non-shedding. This brush is cruelty-free and vegan.

Not gonna lie, I went for this brush primarily because of it's overall appearance. I mean, how can I resist the pink and white combo?? As far as looks go, this brush (and all the other brushes from the collection) is an A+ for me.


So, how was it?

I opted to use a loose highlighter to test this brush out and this brush was able to pick up quite a lot of product that I had to really tap the excess before application. After placing my highlight, I wiped my brush on a paper towel to remove more product then I blended my highlighter more and that's it!

What surprised me the most is that this brush has quite a tightly packed, almost dense brush head. I was expecting this brush to be more on the fluffier side but instead, this brush surprised me by being dense enough to pick up a good amount of product and soft enough to blend the highlighter out. I also really like its tapered shape because I was able to apply my highlighter precisely without it looking like a harsh line, something I'd usually get from fan brushes. Really good!


I know this brush is for highlighting but I thought I'd also try it out for my setting powder. Most of my face brushes are big but I saw a makeup artist apply powder with a small fluffy brush so I thought I'd try it out with this one. To be honest, it wasn't bad. I was able to powder and set my face with this brush although I found it too dense and small for this purpose. A fluffier, softer brush would do much better for setting, I think, so I'd just save this brush for highlighting.


Overall, I think this was a good purchase. I do find it true that this brush is foolproof because even beginners would be able to use this brush with ease. So far, I haven't experienced shedding even after deep cleaning it so that's good. So yeah, I do find myself bringing this brush on my travel makeup kit, along with a couple of highlighters. If you're into highlighting and all things pink and white, I really think this brush is worth adding to your brush arsenal. Seriously, can't get enough of the pink!! So cute!


You May Also Like

0 comments