Baci Rossi: Kloss Beauty Kloud Kiss Plush Matte Lipstick in Pepper

by - Friday, July 22, 2022

 


For the red lippie lovers on a budget.

(Click here for Off-Duty and On The Rocks)


I started with a pink, followed it with a brown, and (for) now ending it with a red.  


So to recap, this is a Kloss Beauty's Kloud Kiss lippie, a richly pigmented and non-drying lipstick with a plush matte finish. The Kloud Kiss line has 6 shades, 2 of which I've already featured (click here for my review on Off Duty and On The Rocks). The two I've featured are pretty shades that are great for everyday. Now I'll be featuring a shade that's a bit bolder than the two: Pepper.


Pepper is described as a "cool girl red" while I see it as a candy apple/Snow White red. I usually go for deeper reds because I feel like they suit my skintone better and I kinda feel like Pepper looks a bit bright on me. It's a good everyday red, though, as it's not as dramatic as wine and plum reds.


Just like On The Rocks and Off Duty, Pepper glided on smoothly on my lips. It really has a very plush matte finish that feels comfy on the lips, not like the traditional matte that feels drying and hard. The plush matte finish is a bit more forgiving and I like that it doesn't seem to highlight dry patches on my lips. Pepper is also quite pigmented and it didn't take a lot of layering to achieve a full and even coverage.


Again, for shits and giggles, here's Pepper on my eyes, lips, and cheeks. I surprisingly don't hate it on the cheeks?? Haha! Love it on the eyes, too.


Pepper is a good affordable matte red lipstick and I'm glad I have it! I do see myself darkening it a little bit in the future, maybe applying a dark red lip pencil before it just to make it less bright and more on my comfort level. I like that it's very comfy on the lips and though it's not transfer-proof, reapplying it won't cause any hassle because it just glides on smoothly. Can't wait to rock red lips on future looks!

You May Also Like

0 comments