My Dream Workspace

by - Monday, August 31, 2015

I pretty much do most of my blogging work on my bed. Sometimes for a change of view, I opt for the living room but, let me be honest here, nothing beats doing work on the bed. It's chill, relaxing, and comfy. I love my bed to bits but I really dream of having my own workspace. A place I can consider my zone, something with a table, a chair, some cabinets with all of my stuff in, and maybe a rug. Here, let me show you how I envision my own workspace if I ever get one.

I was pretty much inspired by WeWork to share my dream workspace. WeWork is an American co-working company that builds communities to empower people like entrepreneurs to do what they love. What's cool about them is that they build creative workspaces that bring people together all around the US, Israel, London, and Amsterdam. That means you get to work in a different environment and share a workspace with a couple of people that can inspire you on whatever you're working on. I think this is really cool! If you're curious to know if you have a WeWork space nearby, check out their office space locations. They have offices in twelve(!!) US cities, as well as in Herzliya and Tel Aviv in Israel, in London, and in Amsterdam.

I don't really need or want a big room; I just want a room with everything I need. Basically, my dream workspace should have the following: a couple of windows to bring a lot of light in, lots of storage cabinets for my stuff, a proper work desk and chair, a small clutter-free corner where I can do product shoots, and possibly a beanbag. That's all I really need, to be honest.

 I also like workspaces in black and white so mine shall be in those colors too. I feel like if you have white walls and a couple of black furniture here and there, decorating and adding life to the room would be a piece of cake. White walls help make the room look bigger and brighter, and the brighter the room is with natural light, the more you get inspired to get things done.
As for my desk, I like it as decluttered as possible. I'd definitely place a couple of my favorite beauty books on it and some notebooks or notepads as well. A small vase of flowers won't hurt either, and there should be enough space where I can put my mug of hot tea or coffee. Oh, and a place for my candle burner too! My desk should be near a window where I can have some sunlight and view while working. Yep, I'm pretty much good with this set up. :)

So that's my dream workspace! I know it's not as fancy or as ostentatious as other workspaces but hey, to each his own, right? I wanna know: what's your dream workspace? Care to share a few deets? :)

Don't forget to check WeWork and I hope their creative workspaces inspire you.

Photo credits: First set of photos, credits to My Scandinavian Home & Wisuella; second set of photos, credits to Desire to Inspire & HomEdit; desk photos, credits to Miss Liz Heart & The EveryGirl.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nicely written, Even I do the things you mentioned since I am into sales and travel a lot. Whenever I travel out of the city I always find the difficulty of finding a suitable place to work, Becuase sometimes working from the coffee shop doesn't allow you to do certain tasks like client meeting, team review meeting, quick presentations etc. In these cases, coworking comes to my help. I have been using coworking spaces for some time now and I loved it, particularly of Awfis Space solutions. This is completely my personal point of view and on the basis of my experience, I would suggest Awfis for anyone is looking for shared office space in India.

    Check out their website for more info:- https://www.awfis.com/

    ReplyDelete