I Get the Hype Now, Seche Vite.

by - Friday, June 03, 2016

How I survived all this time without this is a mystery to me.


For someone who loves to wear (and buy) nail polishes on a daily basis, you'd think I got everything pat down already, from nail prep, to application, to finish, up to maintenance. While I'm still getting the hang of nail prep, application, and maintenance, the finish is where I drop. See, I never really focused on the finishing products I use aka the top coats. For me, a top coat's purpose is to make my mani shiny, last for a considerable amount of time and to make sure that my varnish is protected from daily activities like washing the dishes or nail biting. (Yes, it's a daily activity I'm still trying to stop. Haha.)

If I remember correctly, I discovered the magic of quick dry top coats about two or three years ago. I know, so late, right? It was the same time I heard about Seche Vite. It was hyped by almost everyone in the blogsphere, as well as featured in numerous nail tutorials in YouTube. I always wanted to try it but never got to because 1). I didn't know where to get it here in the Philippines, and 2). I was pretty aware that it's not exactly cheap. But hey ho, I finally decided to take the plunge and purchase it last January during a spontaneous trip to SaSa in Singapore.


The Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat's consistency neither too thick nor too thin. It's isn't runny, like it's water-based, but it's also not too thick that it clumps easily. The consistency is just right and it's very easy to apply and use. The smell can be quite upsetting as it smells like paint thinner. Although on the nails, the smell goes away pretty quickly.

I initially just wanted to try it out once before making this review but after using it, I knew I had to use it for a second time just so I could prove that the first time wasn't a fluke. Why? Because this top coat is mind-blowing. I've never used something so incredible on my nails before (with the exception of NARS polishes, of course). This, by far. trumps all the top coats I've tried before.

First of all, the polish glides so freaking easily on the nails. It just flows with ease and most importantly, it doesn't drag the underlying polish. I just hate it when I apply top coat and some of my mani transfers to the tip of the brush! I don't experience that with Seche Vite, though, But here's the real reason why I'm so in love with it: it feels and looks amazing on my nails. It gives such a beautiful shine and finish to my mani and it feels very, very smooth. It doesn't feel too dry or too tacky; it honestly feels like a glass case for my mani. It makes my mani look and feel posh! Also, I like how it's a proper fast dry top coat. It isn't like other top coats that claim they're fast drying when it's still not set after 10 minutes. Seche Vite dries quickly. By the time you finish your second hand, the polish on the first hand is fully dry to the touch. My mind is blown every time I use this top coat and if you haven't noticed by now, I'm absolutely in love with it.

Downside: I don't think it's long-lasting. After leaving a layer on for three days, my mani looked very dull and very vulnerable to chipping. Reapplying this top coat is a must, I discovered, and that it's okay to actually go heavy with it. The thicker the layer, the better. Don't worry about bubbling or bumps because they don't really happen. Well, not yet on me, anyway.

I really do get the hype now, I really do. I now know why people were into it and I can't really blame them; I'm totally obsessed too. Yes, it's not as cheap as other top coats but I think I get what I paid for and more every time I use this. I recommend this top coat to people who are always on-the-go, people who don't have the luxury of waiting for their polishes to dry. This top coat dries in no time and will give your mani a shine like no other. Out of all my impulse polish purchases, this one is the best one I got. No doubt about that. :)


You May Also Like

0 comments