A Budget-Friendly Concealer Worth Picking Up

by - Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My current concealer is somewhat new but it already won me over.

One thing I like about watching local beauty Youtubers is that I get to know what's new and worth checking out in the local beauty department. Sometimes it's nice to see non-Western brands, no? The cosmetic game in our country has greatly improved and that's what makes me check every brand I can find in the department store, I've bought eyeshadows from local brands that I still love and use and I have a feeling today's product is something I'll equally love as well because a. it's affordable, and b. it freaking works...well, compared to the ones I tried back then!

The product I'm talking about is the Bobbie Cosmetics Poof! Concealer and I have it in the shade CN-03 and it's...wait for it....a perfect match. :O I finally found a concealer that matches my skintone! It's the perfect shade, the shade I've been looking for all this time. #yassss

The product is housed in a small metallic-ish pink compact. I don't really mind it because the lid shuts tightly and that's more important. Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of the packaging's color but hey, it is what it is. Moving on...
Hold your horses- there's a freaking mirror underneath! I was totally expecting a mini sponge on the bottom but I'm so glad it's a mirror. Handy!

Okay, so to the actual product now. According to Bobbie, the Poof! Concealer conceals and sets, blends easily to instantly cover and brighten dark spots and discoloration, and is enriched with vitamins C & E that helps repair, soothe, and brighten skin. The Poof! Concealer is available in a few shades. The one I have right now, CN-03, is warm toned and I'm pretty sure I see that it has an orange/apricot undertone, perfect for cancelling blue tones (dark circles eraser, anyone?). If you prefer brightening your undereye area, you can go for their yellow-toned concealer as they have one too.
Side by side swatch of the Poof! Concealer and the essence Match 2 Cover! Concealer.

What I like about the Poof! Concealer is that it is not too creamy. It blends easily and evenly, even feels like a cream to powder finish type of product. It doesn't tug the skin and that's a huge plus for me because tugging on the undereye is quite uncomfortable. Because it's not too creamy, it also doesn't crease that much but when it does, it's so easy to even it out. Coverage-wise, I'd say it's a medium. It covers my dark circles but doesn't really "erase" them. It fairs well on blemishes too. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin even if you layer it. 

Quick comparison:
Barefaced me. Dark circles + blemishes + bad lighting. :P

With Poof! Concealer. Used it on my dark circles. on the blemish on the right side of my nose, on the blemish on the left side of my mouth, a little bit on the chin area. Also, + good lighting! :))

Overall, I think this one's a pretty good purchase. A 4g compact costs 100php and that is not bad at all, especially for a cream concealer. This + face/setting powder + brows +/or lashes + lippie = my typical look. I think by now it's safe to say that this concealer is a mainstay in my personal makeup stash because it's just so darn good.



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm on the fence about this because it's a drier type of concealer so I don't like those types for my undereyes. But I guess I can thin it out with an eye cream or moisturizer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is quite dry! It's like a cream to powder product so I guess that's why. Still better than heavy concealer creams though!

      PS. Huh, I guess it can be thinned out. Might try it next time. :)

      Delete