First Impressions: Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream with Microbeads

by - Friday, October 02, 2015

So I tried something new several days ago, something that worked very well I  thought it deserved its own post. If you like a good face exfoliator, better read on.

My sister gave me a bunch of Clarins samples to try but not everything appealed to me. I only got a few samples and when I saw this certain product, I immediately called dibs on it. Thankfully, there was no competition, haha!


Two days ago, I tried the Clarins Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream with Microbeads. I was in dire need of face scrubbing and it was the perfect time to try it. But before I share my thoughts and experience, let me tell you a bit about the product. 

The Gentle Refiner is a once a week exfoliator ideal for fresh, radiant-looking skin. It has two types of microbeads, exfoliating beads and refining beads, that help eliminate dead cells. Each type of bead has its own function: the exfoliating beads lift impurities while the refining beads tighten pores to help you achieve a smooth skin texture. Also, the Gentle Refiner contains mimosa extract and this soothes the skin. So in just one product, your skin gets cleaned, gets smoother, and gets softer.

The beads in this product feels a bit hardcore; they're quite rough (feels a bit like sand, even) and they don't really dissolve. I personally like it as I get to really work it on my skin and scrub every nook and corner of my face. When I used it, I concentrated the product on my cheeks, chin, and nose as these areas have the most "bumps". With a damp face and fingers, I worked the product on my skin, adding a bit of pressure here and there. After a minute or two, I rinsed it all off and my goodness gracious, I feel like I've been given a new face.

That one good minute of scrubbing was worth it. My face felt like, no joke, a baby's bottom. It was like the bumps were never there! My nose, the area I hate touching because of how rough and bumpy it feels, was so smooth. My cheek and chin area were smooth as well. My face felt squeaky clean but not at all dry. It felt soft and hydrated and not gonna lie, I couldn't stop touching my face afterwards.
I recommend this product to everyone who loves a good exfoliating product. It works wonderfully and it's a nice once a week treat to yourself. Those with sensitive and blemished skin should proceed with caution as this product is abrasive and it might hurt or irritate you. This works well on both dry and oily skin, but I feel like those with oily skin would benefit from this more as it really cleans the skin, dirt and sebum included.

You May Also Like

0 comments