A Trio of Lotions

by - Sunday, September 13, 2015

"I'll just repurchase my lotion," she said.
"It'll be quick," she said.

Apparently, I had no idea that I'll be having a lotion dilemma that Friday afternoon. Should I repurchase my current lotion or should I try a new one? Lotions weren't really my thing before but it is now, thanks to the countless RuPaul's Drag Race episodes I've watched. One thing I learned from the show is it doesn't matter how on point your makeup is or how snatched your body is if all people can look at is you're sad and dry skin. I don't really consider my skin dry but all of us has a dry area somewhere and for me it's my knees and elbows.

Shopping for lotions here in the Philippines is quite tricky because at least 80% of the lotions in the market has one thing I loathe: whitening. Whitening this, whitening that. Like, hello, we live in a tropical country where the sun is pretty much present 90% of the time! We're brown skinned for a reason, people! Not everyone thinks the same way I do but hey, to each his own, eh? Having said that, I'm pretty pleased to tell you it's possible to buy a bottle of non-whitening lotion (Hallelujah!).In fact, I went lotion-happy and went home with not one, but three try-sized bottles. (Try-sized, travel-sized, tomato, tomahtoe. You get the gist.)

The first lotion I got is actually the repurchase of the lotion I ran out of. It's the Nivea Express Hydration Body Lotion. It's has sea minerals and it's perfect for normal to dry skin types. I like it because it's a really nice lotion; it locks moisture in, doesn't have a funny smell, and it's pretty affordable. A 75ml bottle costs 59.75php and it lasted me for almost a month.

Myra VitaQuench Dry Skin Lotion is one of the two new lotions I purchased. It has Vitamin E beads + Moisture Enhancers that help moisturize dry skin. I started using this two months ago and I noticed that it feels quite thick compared to the Nivea Express Hydration. It also smells more fragrant. The beads don't really feel rough on the skin, sometimes I don't feel them at all. Gonna get back to you on this one. A 50ml bottle costs 39.75php, in case you're wondering.

The last one I got on a whim because 1). it's so freaking cute, 2). it's pretty cheap, and 3). it's something I can easily throw in my purse. It's the Vaseline Total Moisture Nourishing Lotion which has pure oat extract + stratys 3 multi-layer moisture complex. Everything sounds gibberish to me because I haven't tried it yet but I will soon, I promise! I plan to use this as a hand lotion for now to keep my cuticles hydrated because I don't want shriveled cuticles. The purse-friendly size of 25ml costs 20php, 19.75 if you're lucky. :))

I'm not sure if I'll review these lotions but I'm pretty sure they'll be included in a future empties post so I guess just watch out for that? Or I don't know, maybe I'll just review them in a separate post We'll see!. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments