Burberry Lip Cover in No. 23 English Rose: The Current Lippie in My Purse

by - Friday, September 25, 2015

Let's talk about my current default lippie, shall we?

You all know how I love my essence lippie in Natural Beauty. I love its blue-based, orchid-like shade and I wear it so much I'm already on my second tube. Come September, I figured I should shake things up a little bit- it's my birthday month after all. So I decided to finally let a certain lipstick come out and play.

Burberry Lip Cover in No. 23 English Rose is a lovely rosy brown soft satin lipstick. Some say it's a mauve but I can't for the life of me see the purple undertone; all I see is a prominent brown undertone. I see it as a warm muted pink...well, at least on the tube and swatch. On the lips, it feels so plush and it's not at all drying. I've worn it with dry lips and it's fantastic. It didn't highlight my dry lips that much and it sort of moisturized the dry areas. It's so good.

As for the color on the lips, this shade looks quite different. See, I have pigmented lips so I really try hard to wear lippies that don't make my pigmented lips that noticeable. I find that English Rose is a bit pale for me. But the longer I use it, the more I get fond of it because it's a really nice nude lippie for tanned gals like me. It doesn't really erase my lips like other nude lippies do. Yes, it's a bit pale but it's the right kind of pale for me. Am I making any sense right now? :))
See what I mean when I told you it's pale? But because of the pink/brown combo, it's a shade I can wear. It's a nice alternative to my other orchid-shade lippie and something I love wearing especially on the go. I swear, you guys, it feels soooo gooood on the lips. I can't even!! 

It's quite a sheer lippie but you can definitely build it up or you can wear it on top of a nude lip liner to make it more opaque, whatever floats your boat. It's not the most long-wearing lipstick out there but if it's any consolation, reapplying this lippie is a piece of cake- trust me I've done it multiple times...even in a moving car, ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments