essence Kajal Pencil in 22 Taupe Me!

by - Wednesday, September 16, 2015

New in my stash: a taupe kajal pencil. 

I usually stay away from kajal pencils because I like my liners smudge-proof and waterproof but how could I say no to a taupe pencil? When I saw this, my neutral-loving self just told me to go for it. It was also on sale so really, I had no choice. :)) I was able to use it for a couple of times and here's my review.

First off, the color. 22 Taupe Me! is a lovely blend of brown, gray, and a hint of olive. It's a really nice color, something you can use instead of the usual brown and black. The pencil is also on the shimmery side so you get a little bit of shine and light on your eyes when you use this.


The color's really good, however, the product's so-so. My major issue with it is how soft the product is. When I use it to line my eyes, the tip breaks every freaking time. At first I was like, no biggie, I'll just sharpen it, but when it happens two-three times, it kinda messes your eyeliner game. I was able to pull it off, hallelujah, so here's how it looks as a liner:
(Ignore my brows, please. Don't worry, I got them sorted out already! :D)

Kajals are meant to be smudged so of course it didn't last long on my lids even if I primed my lids beforehand. The color faded after a few hours but some of the glitters were still kind of intact. I guess this product is better off as a shadow base, one that gets smudged by brush or finger. This definitely needs to be set with a shadow or it'll be a crease and smudge fest. Eek!

I wish there was a waterproof/smudgeproof version of this pencil because the color is gorgeous. It's something I would wear as a casual liner as it's not as harsh as black but still dark to define the eyes. Is this a go or a pass? If you like a budget liner to use for a tame smokey eye, go for it. If you want to use it as a liner, go find a dupe that isn't as soft and smudgey as this one.

You May Also Like

0 comments