Caronia Fast-Dry Top Coat Review

by - Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Trying out a local top coat once again.

Since my last post was a base coat, I think it's apt to follow it with a top coat review because that's just the order of the universe. Kidding aside, I wanted to write my experience with this local top coat for all my Filipino readers out there. 

A fast or quick drying top coat is an important product in your polish stash because it just makes everything easier. It not only ties your mani together but it also cuts drying time. People nowadays are always on the go so waiting for your mani to dry for a long time is definitely a no go. A fast dry top coat promises to shorten that and that's why most people like using one.

Caronia's Fast-Dry Top Coat is one of the most readily available top coat in the market here in the Philippines. There are other local top coats available but this is one of the few that claims to be a proper fast drying product. I decided to try it a few months back to replace old top coats in my stash. 

The top coat's consistency is quite runny, almost like the Caronia Base Coat & Hardener. It also has the same light yellow tinge which doesn't really alter the polish underneath it. It has a thin synthetic brush applicator and the product is housed in a sturdy glass bottle.

In my experience, this top coat is a-okay. It dries pretty much quickly, and Caronia's claim that it dries under 3 minutes is accurate. That is dry to the touch though, so I wait around an hour to let everything really set. But after 3 minutes you can definitely do some light activities like hold your phone or eat or read. Washing the dishes or gardening or any rough chores after 3 minutes can still pretty much damage your mani so I suggested doing those after an hour or so.


I guess my only issue with this top coat is that it disintegrates quickly. I notice that after around two days, the top coat on my nails is pretty much gone, even after applying two coats. It's a little tedious to reapply this product every few days but I guess it has to be done if you want your mani to last longer. Oh wait, I have another one: the brush. The brush is so freaking thin and stiff that's it's a challenge to paint your whole nail in one go. The brush doesn't really splay that much so applying this in sections is the only thing you can do.

Would I repurchase it? Probably not, but I still recommend it to those who are looking for a fast drying top coat that's readily available in pretty much all malls and drugstores nationwide. A 15ml bottle costs 49php and it'll last you for a decent period of time.

You May Also Like

0 comments