Scarlet Kisses: NYX Round Lipstick in Hero

by - Monday, March 07, 2016

Are you ready?

Hiii! I feel like it's been quite a while since I featured a red lipstick here on my blog so I thought of doing one now. This one's for the gals (and guys!) who're big fans of red lips and who're always on the lookout for a new red tube to try.

I got Hero sometime last year and I used it for the first time on a friend during Halloween 2016. When I saw it the first time, I was a bit surprised at how different it looked on the tube and on the lips. While it may look like a dark vampy-ish red on the tube, it's actually more of a cool-toned deep strawberry red shade. It's lighter than the shades of red I usually go for so I guess that's why I'm still unsure of it.


Formula-wise, it's really darn creamy. It's the kind of product that's cracked lips friendly and I really recommend almost removing all the lip balm on your lips before applying this bad boy on. However, it's also the type of lipstick that just goes everywhere when applied nonchalantly; it'll smear and feather and transfer like no other when you don't do the right prep beforehand. It also stains the skin like crazy! Thing is, you really have to do all the line-apply-blot-apply routine with this product if you want it to stay put and stay longer on your lips, Trust me when I tell you that it's a challenge to use this without a liner or a lip brush because the struggle is r.e.a.l.


It looks quite nice on photos, no? It's the type of color that's between light and dark, the perfect middle-ground shade. On my skintone, I feel like it's not that flattering. I think the issue's more on the shade rather than the undertone. I have red blue-undertoned lippies that look good on me but those are definitely darker than Hero. I guess what I'm saying is dark blue toned shades = yes; light/medium blue toned shades = not so much. But that's me. I found something that's up my alley though: NYX Snow White. It's more of a dark red-brown shade that I think will suit me more than Hero. Hmm, maybe I should purchase that next time...

Oh, sorry about the rather odd-looking photo of this lipstick btw. I wiped the tube with tissue and alcohol beforehand and being the soft product that it is, it created this stripes which I guess is from the tissue. The product's prone to melting because it's so creamy so make sure to put it somewhere cool and sunshine-free.

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay?


You May Also Like

0 comments