Active Recap: Quad XXXIX

by - Monday, May 25, 2020


39.
Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.


Love,
S








DAY A




Starting off this "technically pilates and low impact" quad, is a workout that's a hybrid of a stretch and pilates routine. Honestly, this was so different from my usual workouts starting with the warm up. The warm up is a dynamic one that starts with an exercise that morphs to a stretch. It was actually quite nice! The main exercises really felt like a pilates circuit but maybe added with a little bit more grace and a whole lotta flexibility. As the title indicates, this is a full body workout, mostly mat exercises and will definitely burn those muscles. Not bad! 



This is the the more glute and lower body-focused routine. I loved the upper body routine they did so I thought I'd give the lower body circuit a try well. Um, wow, this burned! The exercises were so easy to follow along but the number of reps per move immediately followed by a round of pulses really made this routine a burner. Not only did it target the glutes, it also worked my quads and hammis and core as well. 


Workout duration: around 61 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY B




I love MadFit workouts because most of them are no repeats so you can easily do the whole circuit again and again without getting bored! This routine was a darn good one as it's really a legs and glutes focused circuit. I absolutely loved the addition of resistance bands- they really amped up the exercises a notch! This was also a burning routine and I think it's because each exercise is a minute long instead of the usual 45 or 30 seconds. Not much cardio but boy did this still make me sweat! Oh, I did this twice through btw.



After two rounds of the MadFit routine, doing this as a burner makes this a legit workout burner because damn, this was a challenge! I knew the word "ultimate" was a warning- a warning that this will burn like heck! Seriously, if your lower body wasn't fatigued yet, this routine will make sure your legs will shake and get fatigued in no time. There were times when I just had to give my legs a bit of a rest or stretch because I had no energy to hold them up constantly anymore. Ooof! Although this was hard, I gotta admit- this was a darn good glute routine. Do this if you want a challenge!


Workout duration: around 62 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down stretch not included. 




DAY C




Honestly, I didn't know what to expect with a calisthenics workout but I'm glad I did it anyway. This routine was mostly low impact and bodyweight only but the exercises felt like I was back to basics- which is good! It made me focus more on proper posture which made each exercise more challenging. It also reminded me that bodyweight arm exercises are darn hard! I loved the arm circuit and the quick core burnout round as well. 



No repeat workout- yay! I loved this routine because the exercises, a blend of weighted and bodyweight only, were easy to follow but still gave my arms a good workout. This routine was fun because you get a good variety of exercises, and some are even dynamic ones! I also found that this routine can easily be modified or even increase its intensity- it's all up to you. This can easily be done twice through, considering there are no repeats. Oh, and there's also a cool down stretch at the end!


Workout duration: around 57 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY D




Have you ever encountered a strength-training workout where your muscles get burned at the very beginning? Because this workout is exactly that- like, this has no chill at all! If you want a routine that will burn you biceps, triceps, and back in no time, this will do the trick. Man, this was tiring! I only used 5lbs dumbbells and a light mini band for this routine and it still burned like hell. High reps are key, I tell you, and the back to back use of dumbbells and bands. Ooof! Though this was a challenge, it surprisingly went by quickly- guess I still had fun after all!


Circuit 2: COACH KEL Back Workout | Sculpting | Home Workout

Burnout round is a back workout! Compared to the first routine, this one is relatively easy, although this will still give you a good workout. The exercises that really worked my back were the last two: the swimmer-like exercise and the one with the mini band. Those really targeted my back best because I felt like the first two exercises with the dumbbells were more on my arms than on my back (this might also be because of the first circuit that fatigued my arms). Three rounds of four exercises- burnout: sorted.


Workout duration: around 49 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; short warm up and cool down stretch included.




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:




You May Also Like

0 comments