Last Year's Europe Trip: Rome

by - Monday, May 25, 2020


Day one.

Okay, I think the time has come for me to FINALLY share photos from my incredible trip to Europe last year. My parents and I joined a 20-day Marian Pilgrimage exactly a year ago and it was the most fun, refreshing, spiritual, exciting, and eye-opening trip ever! I held off on blog posts here in my blog because honestly, I just wanted to keep it to myself for a while but I think I'm now ready to share my trip here.

So what to expect? Expect a lot of photos of churches (it is a Catholic pilgrimage after all), sights, sceneries, maybe a couple of selfies (because why not), food, and a whole lot of nonsense blabber! I'll also share some photos with the people I was on the trip with (parents plus new friends) but I'll keep those to a minimum for privacy purposes and all that. 

Also, a little disclaimer: I have terrible, TERRIBLE memory so if I get the names of the sites wrong, please do excuse me. Please feel free to correct me by commenting. You'll be doing me a huge favor by doing that haha! (I'm starting to really regret not writing anything down :<) Another thing: please also excuse if my photos are non-dslr quality. I shot the majority of the photos on my mobile phone. I think there are also photos that I took using my dad's dslr but I still have to find those. Some photos are also borrowed from others and I'll put in credits on those. 


So, let's start shall we? 


DAY ONE: ROME

After a long, loooooong flight (which may be around 9 to 14 hours), we embarked on our trip! Straight from the airport, our shuttle bus took us straight to our first location: the Vatican. At this point, I was equal parts tired, jet lagged, and awestruck- I'm finally in Europe! I remember just relishing the crisp cool air and the entirely different surroundings around me. We walked around for a bit while waiting for our tour guide and then we finally went to the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica. Touring the museum would've been awesome if it wasn't packed with tourists, to be honest, but that's peak tourist season for ya. There are a lot of interesting things to look at and study in the museum and I'd love to go back, preferably during dead seasons. 

We ended up at St. Peter's Square to regroup, rest, and get ready for our walking tour.

My first selfie in Rome and of this trip! I took this one immediately after I sat down in the bus haha! 




Photo credit: Fr. Ferdie Delatado


We went on a walking tour that ultimately ended in the Fontana di Trevi. At this point, I was too hungry to really, for lack of better word, care. Huhu sorry! Finally, after the tour and some photo sesh at the fountain, we had our first lunch in a resto called Al Picchio where I had my very first Italian pizza- and it was fabulous and a very Eat, Pray, Love scenario haha! Honestly, so good! 
Photo credit: Fr. Ferdie Delatado



To end our first day, we had our very first group mass, presided by our pilgrimage chaplain, Father Ferdinand Delatado. We headed to our hotel after that for dinner and much needed rest.

And that's Day One! Tomorrow I'll share our second day in Rome- more churches, views, and the Colosseum! See ya!

You May Also Like

0 comments