Active Recap: Quad XXXVIII

by - Monday, May 18, 2020


38.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,

If you take a break from working out for like, I dunno, 3 or 4 days, and the first circuit you do is this...well lemme tell you, it was a struggle! I went in thinking this was more of a low impact routine but ohh boy was I wrong! This circuit had plyos all over it- and it was quite a burner. Even though there are three rounds of the same circuit, it didn't feel too repetitive for me because each round has a different time interval which kept me on my toes. But oh my goodness, I really had to pause every now and then to catch my breath because this was a killer! How could Whitney make this look so easy??



Another three rounds of the same set of exercises but this one's more on the toning side of things. This lower body workout is a weighted one and I personally felt it in my glutes and quads. The exercises here are common lower body exercises but the weights you use will really increase or decrease the intensity of this workout. I used a dumbbell because I don't have kettlebells and it worked just fine. There's one plyo here- pop/jump squats and those are great, but very tiring, finishers. 25 minutes of lower body strength-training: done!


Workout duration: around 52 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.




DAY B




I've never been a huge fan of barre mainly because I don't have the grace and flexibility for it but I gotta admit- it's a damn great lower body burner which is why I've decided to do one today! I guess I wasn't feeling HIIT or pilates so I opted for something I don't do much and lemme tell you, this routine DID NOT disappoint. Some barre routines I did in the past were either too advanced for beginners or too ballet-y but this one is perfect because it felt more of a workout with a bit of pilates. I didn't need to be all awkward and graceless which is much appreciated! This routine maybe full body but it will fully burn your lower body, from your glutes to your legs, to your calves! The upper body exercises here are great as well because they're dynamic exercises that worked the arms, core, and legs all at the same time. Because I loved and enjoyed this  routine so much, I did it twice! So worth it!


Workout duration: around 69 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up included, cool down not included.




DAY C




I missed doing a 1 Workout  A Day routine so I picked one of her obliques workouts for today. Gosh, I forgot how her routines can be quite challenging! To be fair, most of the exercises here are easy to follow, it's just that they're done in quite a fast pace so not only will you work your abs, you also get some low impact cardio too! I really felt my obliques with this- and don't get me started on my heart rate!



Okay when they say that this routine is intermediate, you listen because daaaaaaaaaaamn this was a challenge! This was where I felt so inflexible and so tight in my hammies haha! To be fair, this was a really good core workout but for some reason, I felt the burn more on my quads. Like legit, I couldn't hold them up as quick as the trainer because they were just burning! So yes, I modified on some of the exercises just to finish them but even though I did that, the exercises still didn't fail to get my core working. I gotta admit that this was a little advanced for me but it was still a good challenge!


Workout duration: around 52 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY D




I love LA's workouts because they feel like I'm doing a real session with her as my PT. Her cues are really helpful and her exercises are easy to follow yet still challenging. Today's workout is sort of a dynamic routine wherein the exercises target two muscles at the same time- the shoulders and the core. This workout has no jumping in it and it's mostly mat exercises which was great because this felt like an active recovery workout for me. I loved the shoulder exercises here because they really got my muscles burning like no other! The use of weights were great but honestly, even with bodyweight, you'll still get a good burn. I really enjoyed this routine and won't mind doing it again! (PS. This made my shoulder blades, back, and arms sore!)



MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:


You May Also Like

0 comments