#TakeTheTint With Colourette Mini Colourtint in Coco

by - Wednesday, December 22, 2021

 




C for Coco.

(Click here to check out Tati, Ocean, and Ellie.)



Since this post is the closest to Christmas Day, I figured I'd feature a festive and holiday apt shade as well. Last week's shade, Ellie, already screams holiday red (at least for me anyway) and this shade is even more Christmas-y, tapping into very berry vibes and wine hues.


Coco is described as a maroon red. (FYI, did you know that the word marron comes from the French word, marron, meaning chestnut? Ya girl Wikipedia coming thru with some random knowledge tidbit!!) On me, this shade leans more on the red side with a slight berry tone. Coco and Ellie may look quite similar but I find Coco a bit brighter and berrier, while Ellie is deeper and has a stronger brown tone.


I don't know if it's just my product or this is really what it is but I find the Coco's formula is thinner than the previous Colourtints I've featured before. I find that Coco has a similar formula to a lip tint and one swipe doesn't really yield an opaque coverage. I did have to layer Coco on my lips twice or thrice to get to the opacity I want. Three layers doesn't feel too heavy though, surprisingly!


Because Coco has a thin and fluid consistency, I'd say this Colourtint was the easiest one to blend and layer on the cheeks! On me, this looks more like a pinkish red and I do like it's subtle on the cheeks. I'm not a cheek product wearer so Coco is great because it's very easy to work with. Very beginner friendly!


And on the eyes, Coco is just *chef's kiss*! This kind of berry tone is what I LOVE on the eyes. Just like with the lips, I layered Coco twice and though I was a bit wary of it creasing, it didn't. It was also so easy to blend out! So I'm thinking: this shade as a base and the pink glittery eyeshadow from the Novo 03 Palette on top, tied together with a black cat eye? How bomb would that look!


If you like a berry red shade like I do, then you'd love Coco. Its thin consistency makes it so easy to work with and I do like how it doesn't crease and feel thick even when layered. Daaamn, Ellie has some good competition here, huh? Now I can't decided which Colourtint to wear on Christmas! Guess you just have to find out heehee!

Last Colourtint feature next week is one of Colourette's bestsellers: Zola!


You May Also Like

0 comments