Rouge Play: Spring in the Underworld

by - Monday, April 11, 2022

 


Just the abyss but with flowers.

Hello and welcome to a new episode of me wearing yet another Supracolor on my lips! Again, this is me reminding you that Supracolors aren't necessarily made for lip use so expect some product feathering, bleeding, and other things lipsticks don't usually do.

I've always wanted to have a black lipstick on my stash but I never got around to buying one because the ones I've seen in the market are either cheap and subpar or pricey but has to be shipped from overseas. Black is a very uncommon lipstick color so I understand why it's hard to find an affordable yet good quality one.

So to make do of what I have for my dream black lip look, I used the Kryolan Black Supracolor! Supracolors are very rich in pigment so it wasn't hard to achieve a very opaque layer on the lips. However, I think my main issue was the staying power of the Supracolor on the lips. One mistake I didn't do was to line my lips before applying it, so that made the already greasy Supracolor feather like crazy on the edges of my lips. So sorry for that!


I wanted something easy but fun for today's look so instead of adding eyeshadows on my lips like I originally planned, I went on with used something else entirely: stickers! Specifically these nail stickers I have lying around from Etude House. I was supposed to use the gold stickers instead but when I saw these colorful flowers, I just knew I had to use them. The pops of blue, white, and pink will somewhat lessen the harshness of the black and will bring a femme element to the look. Plus, I love flowers. There's no way I'd pass this opportunity up, ya know??

Not gonna lie, the decals were a bit of a challenge to stick on, mainly because the Supracolor also stuck on my tweezers which also stained a few of the petals. I tried to clean the flowers as much as I can in Photoshop but if there were a few I missed, just know I did my best haha!


And that's pretty much for this easy peasy stickey look! I feel like this look right here best describes my personal style: all black but with some pops of color. Is this my cleanest look? Probably not, but it's one of my personal faves. 

See you on the next one! 

You May Also Like

0 comments