Rouge Play: Feeding Time

by - Monday, February 21, 2022

 

Red on white.

I'm so excited to share today's look because maaaan, I'm obsessed!

Today's look started as just a simple white and very glittery lip in my head. I've been inspired by the lip arts I've been seeing in Pinterest and my mind just immediately thought of an opaque white lip as a base. I had no idea what else I can pair it with but I knew I'm keeping it. So upon rummaging through my stash, as usual, I rediscovered my pot of glitter from The Body Shop! It's this white-based glitter that also has some colorful specks and I thought it'll look perfect on top of the white lip base. All I knew was that I'm gonna layer my lips with a shit ton of loose glitter and pretty much call it a day.

Well, let's just say I wasn't happy that much with the end result. It looked good but I found it a bit one-note. For me, it lacked dimension and a point of interest. I wanted a bit of grit, something that'll make this lip pop more. 

I don't know if you've noticed but I'm currently obsessed with gradient lips. So that's what I did with this look. Added some pop of color in the middle of my lips and well, here it is. My ice queen-inspired lips turned into a bloodthirsty yeti queen. And...I'm not mad about it! I got my grit and my pop of color and even though this turned out to be a tiny bit morbid, I'm just so happy with the end look. The blood red against the glittery white? UGH SO PRETTY!



As usual, I prepped my lips first with Colourette's Blur Balm.

To achieve the white base, I used two white pencils since I don't have a white lipstick. I used MAC Kohl in Fascinating to line my lips and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk to fill them in. My tool of choice is a synthetic brush to be able to easily spread out and blend the creme pencil all over my lips. 

I used the same brush it pack in the loose glitter all over my lips. I patted the glitters, The Body Shop's Sparkle Pot in Fairy Lights, on top of the white creme base and I worked in sections. I just layered the glitter until I got the opacity I wanted.

On the center of my lips, I patted my favorite Colourtint, Ellie, with a new brush. I wanted a dark center that bleeds outwards for the gradient effect. I usually use my fingers to do the gradient but I found that using brushes makes life easier, especially in this case. So yeah, that's pretty much what I did: blend, layer, repeat, until I'm satisfied with the look. I tied everything off by lining my lips one last time so that my edges look a bit sharper. I mean, you can't see it because of the glitter, but it's there haha!

OH, and because I'm also currently obsessed with glossy lips, here's the look but with added gloss on top of Ellie (I used Detail Cosmetics' Jelly Lips again):


Okay, for the last time: I'm obsessed! Without the gloss, this look is more of my bloodthirsty yeti queen fantasy; with gloss, it looks more modern/editorial. I personally like the look without the gloss because, well, surprise! I AM the yeti queen. Haha! x

You May Also Like

0 comments